Pajero NJ 94 model central locking fault.

Submitted: Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 19:02
ThreadID: 34070 Views:7361 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all I have just bought my son a 94 pajero when we bought the car the central locking didnt work so when we got the car home we checked the fuse box and there was no fuse in place so we fitted the correct size fuse and bingo it worked it had been working fine for 2 days and all of a sudden I unlocked the passengers door with the key(this central locking isnt keyless entry)and it went crazy locking and unlocking a million mile an hour if I push the door button down its ok but when you lift the button it goes crazy again can anyone out there give me an idea where to start looking for this problem before I go and see an auto electrician thanks in advance cheers Scott.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 19:36

Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 19:36
I HATE central locking faults!

My drivers door solinoid won't work now days and I've spent bloody hours and hours and hours messing around with it and still can't work it out!!

I would think by the sounds of it, it is either a fault in the door controller itself or more likley a bad earth somewhere. As to exactly where....... who knows! Sorry, can't help you much on specifics!

Does it have an aftermarket imobiliser? If so, crack open the dash and have a look where they have cut into the ignition and or factory central locking looms, a lot of these installers as extremely dodgy and it may be a bad solder (or twisted connection!) in there somewhere.
AnswerID: 173699

Follow Up By: scott666 - Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 19:42

Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 19:42
Thanks Jeff It doesnt have aftermarket imobiliser but I will try looking at the earths on the motors etc thanks Jeff.
FollowupID: 429681

Reply By: nowimnumberone - Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 22:46

Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 22:46
not sure of the set up of the pajero but i have come across the problem where the arm that comes off the main actuator has moved up/down a little on the rod that opens the door lock so when you lock/unlock it gets confused because its not quite off/on if you know what i mean
cheers
AnswerID: 173714

Follow Up By: scott666 - Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 07:53

Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 07:53
Thanks Nowimnumberone I do know what you mean first chance I get I will remove the door trims and see if I can see anything thanks mate cheers Scott
FollowupID: 429712

Reply By: crewser - Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 09:11

Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 09:11
I had the same problem with a commodore years ago, one day the c/locking started doing the same thing and I was stuck in the car and could not get out, I was just about to climb out the window when it stoped. It turned out to be in the passenger door lock It would get stuck between lock & unlock and would tell the system to unlock then lock itself becuase one lock was in the wrong position.
AnswerID: 173746

Follow Up By: scott666 - Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 15:16

Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 15:16
thanks crewser mine could be in the passanger door as it seems like thats where the problem could have started from. when I get to the bottom of it I will post the outcome cheers Crewser.
FollowupID: 429746

Sponsored Links