QLD Trip/Gathering Report - Borumba Deer Park, IMBIL. Weekend.

Submitted: Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 23:16
ThreadID: 34109 Views:2174 Replies:10 FollowUps:14
This Thread has been Archived
Date: 20 May 2006
Name: Borumba Deer Park, IMBIL. Weekend.

Read the Trip/Gathering Report.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jo and Mark - Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 23:39

Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 23:39
Sorry to dissapoint you Trev that you couldn't start off the report with our side steps being realigned, the batton has to be passed on to someone else at some point... Tag Greg, you're it!!!!!!!
As usual Trev you wrote a great report, you always do.
Thanks everyone for coming along for another weekend get together, was great as usual to catch up with some now known faces and some new faces, and Pezza "Flash Gordon" for riding up for the morning.
It was the quickest campsite we have ever had to pack up, sleeping in the car (all back seats fold flat to a bed) the only thing we had to do to 'pack up camp' was put the esky and chairs back into the car).
Cheers everyone and until another weekend.....
Jo and Mark

PS Shawsie, what part are you from mate? Mark is a Geordie boy! (but lost his accent real quick when he moved out here cause of the flack copped at school!!)
AnswerID: 173882

Reply By: Sparkiepete - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 07:35

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 07:35
Thanks for a great weekend, Trevor R and gang, and going through the trouble of organising it.
Kristine,Emily and myself had a ball and all Emily could do was ask where the boys were and why we were going home because she wanted to keep camping and playing with the boys.
We left Bruce and Anne at the Nanango turnoff and headed into Goomeri for lunch.
We arrived home about 4.15PM amd came home via the old Burnett highway turning right at Ban Ban Springs and it was a great run back into Bundaberg.
Very few cars to speak of and smooth travelling.

Anytime you decide to do something like this again let us know and we will do anything we can to get there.

Regards
Sparkiepete and clan
AnswerID: 173897

Reply By: Member - Bruce and Anne - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 08:21

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 08:21
Thanks Trevor for organising a great weekend and for all the rest thanks for the great company.
We arrived home about 1300hrs and the old girl (the MU boys haha) even got a tub and was able to polish that big stratch out.
What a great weekend! so what we off again next weekend haha
Take care everyone
Cheers Bruce and Annie
AnswerID: 173902

Reply By: Shawsie (Bris) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 08:37

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 08:37
Hi Trev (tour leader), many thanks for organising a great weekend. After leaving from jimna, we hi-tailed it along Sunday Creek Rd and were soon heading towards Caloundra to see the out-laws (Gulp!). I can see Carolyn & I going back to Imbil over summer as Borumba Deer Park was a lovely place and very clean, but we'll take the Kayak. It was great to meat a nice bunch of people and I hope we can can get together again soon - this is what it's all about :o)

"only another 500 meters and we were in low first snakeing our way up the first of the days “good hill climbs".

Well it must be said that this is what we're here for, but so SOON! After practising my stall-stop technique on the first hill (thats my excuse, ahem!), any hill climb after this was going to be a breeze after SWMBO took her heart out of my mouth (Gulp!) however, the Prado went great and I couldn't be happier with it. And for a few moments there I thought that we were really going to go up Big Red! The words 'Holy-S**t' were used a lot...

Jo & Mark, I'm a Yorkshire man born and bred and don't drink Brown-Ale... I couldn't detect ANY twang in Marks accent so he did a good job of getting rid of it, way-ai-man.

Thanks once again.
AnswerID: 173906

Follow Up By: Jo and Mark - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 08:50

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 08:50
Hey Andrew, glad you both enjoyed yourselves, we didn't get to talk much so will have to rectify that on the next trip! Which area do you guys live in?
Mark moved out here when he was 12. But put him when he is with his parents (who are still very broad with the accent) and it comes out a bit, when he goes back home to visit, instantly all his accent is back. I rang once, am having this conversation on the phone with a very broad geordie thinking I was talking to is uncle, then I asked, can I speak to Mark please? he says, what do you mean, it is me. I could not pick it for the life of me that I was talking to my husband! I love the accent, wish he talked it all the time!
Reason I asked where you were from (even though I should have picked it!!) is Marks uncle still has the geordie twang but living down the southern end he isn't so broad in the accent and he sounds very much like you!
way-ai-man!
Cheers
Jo
FollowupID: 429871

Follow Up By: Shawsie (Bris) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 09:24

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 09:24
Hi Jo, I know what you mean. When I speak to my family in the UK they reckon I've got a strong Aussie accent, but when we're over there I drop right back into it LOL. Carolyn miss's a lot of words in the conversations (sometimes), but I don't - it's like another language LOL. I usually get picked for being Scottish, then Irish, then English (Urk!).

Carolyn & I live northside :o) and usually go to Bribie beach or Teewah/Rainbow Beach (Double Island Point). We have been into Mt Mee State Forest a few times (Dayboro) which is very much like Imbil with steep hills and forest trails, so we need to get there and explore a whole lot more (hint hint). We're going to Fraser Island in a couple of weeks for 5 days and I just can't WAIT :o) Hope the teenager dosn't have too many parties while were away (DOH!).

Andrew
FollowupID: 429874

Follow Up By: Jo and Mark - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 09:58

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 09:58
Geordie is definately a language of its own, No typical aussie would ever understand a geordie talking!
yee can tyek the lad oot of geordie land, but yee canna tyek the geordie oot o the lad .

We haven't yet gone to Mt Mee but do want to, you've been there before so you might have to tee something up for us!
The big question being if you get us in there can you get us out! We haven't yet got a map for that area. send me an email with your email for contact. jarsofclay@optusnet.com.au

the following for all 4by drivers....

Gan canny or we'll dunsh summick!!!!

for the english speakin...Be careful or we will crash into something!!!

FollowupID: 429882

Reply By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 09:32

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 09:32
Morning All,
Great weekend, great company, great food, great 4wding. We had an absolute ball. Gave the Jerrycan a good workout, and it pulled through pretty well. ( it looks good without the sidesteps anyway). ;)
Can we do that again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, can we can we can we.......

Greg, Vanessa and Kiandra
AnswerID: 173919

Follow Up By: Shawsie (Bris) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:56

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:56
Hi Greg, Glad to see the Terrorcan did'nt have any probs - minus the sidesteps. It's amazing the variety of 4bies that are very capable eh!. Vanessa told me you're now going on a shopping spree? Next time you want anything, just take her on a detour up the steepest hill you can find ;o) Mate, my missus is still gobsmacked at how you managed to get up to the top of the that tower - AND back down LOL, good onya. Here's looking forward to our next trip :o)

Andrew
FollowupID: 429934

Follow Up By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 15:40

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 15:40
Hi Andrew,
I was really surprised that the Jerry went where it did and came out pretty much unscathed. Vanessa asked me last night, where are we going this weekend. I'm still getting over last weekend ;) She asked me what I wanted most, so I think that a UHF and a couple of hand helds will be on the cards. Definitely a new set of tyres...... maybe a GPS and a locker and a rear drawer system and a bullbar + winch and and and..... Thanks to you and Carolyn for loaning us the hand held, it'a amazing how much you get used to it, I felt naked after we gave it back to you:-o
That tower was a doozy, and the view was absolutely amazing.
Really looking forward to the next trip with the crew..

Greg
FollowupID: 429945

Follow Up By: ZUKSCOOTERX90(QLD-MEMBER) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:54

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:54
Greg hasn't Vanessa had that little talk with you yet about shhhhhhhhhhhh There is no Santa Claus!!!!!!!!! so you might as well scew up that list Xmas is only for the kid's.Cheer's Bob.
FollowupID: 430035

Follow Up By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 21:52

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 21:52
Evening Bob,
What no Santy Clause:((( My mum always said if you don't believe then you don't receive. But by some chance you're right, then I might just have to take Vanessa back to have a crack at Big Red ;)) Then I think Xmas might come a little bit early for this big kid.. LoL
(PS Don't tell Ness that I will be happy with the UHF and hand helds.sshhhhhhh)

Greg
FollowupID: 430055

Follow Up By: ZUKSCOOTERX90(QLD-MEMBER) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 16:18

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 16:18
Hi Greg ,i think maybe you are very spoilt,. When would you like to go back & have a go at big red 'cause i would also like to have ago at it,so long as there is some one alse there to retreive me if i fail,which i might add is very likely.Good luck with you're pressies & say hi to Vanessa from Robyn & myself.Cheer's Bob.
FollowupID: 430283

Follow Up By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 17:27

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 17:27
Hi Bob,
Me spoilt, never!!!! I think the Jerrycan might end up looking like a jerrycan if I attempted Big Red haha.. At this point in time a UHF for the truck and a couple of hand helds ( so the girls have something on them when we go to Fraser Island) will be the go.. Albiet a new set of tyres might just be on the cards as the same tyre that was flat a couple of weeks ago was flat this morning, due to another rock.(did we go over rocks on the weekend??)The tyre shop put a plug in it. Not to sure if I like that type of repair to much. As for the other goodies, a person can only dream :(( as Kiandra has to get brackets for her teeth and they are more important than the truck :))) Vanessa says Hi

Greg..
FollowupID: 430303

Reply By: ZUKSCOOTERX90(QLD-MEMBER) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:50

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:50
Hi ye all,i am finaly responding having found the report on the bottom of the page.We are happy to to have met you guy's on the weekend,& sorry we had to leave & go to bluddy work today.You all seem keen off roader's it is a shame we could not find anthing more difficult (will not mention that little red hill).Until next time,Regards all Bob.
AnswerID: 174068

Reply By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 23:31

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 23:31
G'day peoples,
I'm really glad that I made the decision to go up on sunday, even if it was only for a few hours. Was nice to meet a few more formites and to be able to put faces and personalities to screen names. Hopefuly next time I'll be able to do the whole weekend.
Well done Trever for once again organising a top weekend, now that you know where 'big red' is and knowing that we missed it last time, you know we're gonna have to go back don't you!
Greg, you've got the hide to call me a mad b-st-rd, your a bigger bloody ratbag than me! Only met you a couple of times and picked you as one, then saw the photo of you up the tower and thought "now why doesn't that surprise me?"
I reckon that Vanessa can confirm that the only thing that kept you from jumping on the 950 and disappearing in a cloud of dust is the fact that you couldn't reach the pegs! Mate, it's people like you with your 'never give up' positive attitude towards life that make the rest of us walk away on a high after talking to you, and it was a pleasure to be in your company, can't wait till next time!
Bob, maaaate, no stories of a 'flying zook' this time, you slowing down in your old age? lol. Was nice to chat again mate, and it doesn't matter what they say about you, you really are a nice bloke!
Mark, Jo told me about you sneaking off on your little 'thrill seeking, off the main track' adventures, mate you're picking up bad habits from some-one. lol. Ssshhh, I won't tell the tour leader if you don't!
A big thank you to every-one for making me feel welcome, even if I was 2 wheels short and turned up late, though it was only for a few hours I really had a lot of fun ( not sure if it showed :-) can't wait till the next time, where I promise to be more sedate and in 4 wheels:-)))

Avagoodn
Pezza
AnswerID: 174108

Follow Up By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 08:17

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 08:17
Morning Pezza( or might be afternoon by the time you get to read this)
You're right I was eyeing off the bike :))) The gummint won't give me a bike license (don't know why) I've got longer legs, but they are in the cupboard.
Thanks for the compliment :) I just try to get out there and do things and hopefully have some fun along the way... I think for my next trick I might swim with sharks..hahaha.... I'm thankfull that I can still get out there and enjoy the 4wd scene and a bigger bonus is that we can do this as a family. Doing this with like minded people is absolutely great and knowing help is not too far away if needed. We are actually heading away this weekend(we have a show holiday)
I have to say thank you to Bruce and Anne for letting me use their compressor when my brand spanking new one didn't work (it is to be swapped for another under warranty). Vanessa was about to freeze the funds if it wasn't going to be replaced :((
Trevor, I apologise that I have not thanked you earlier. A big thank you for organizing this trip...
We are looking forward to the next trip.

Greg

FollowupID: 430117

Reply By: Member - Ross H (QLD) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 01:17

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 01:17
were is the photo of trev getting pulled out by the 110 hahaha
regards ross
AnswerID: 174115

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 10:35

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 10:35
Not this time. OR EVER AGAIN might I add.
FollowupID: 430153

Reply By: Member - Bruce and Anne - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 13:01

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 13:01
No problems Greg, but Iam going to through my spare compressor in the back just in case also.
On another point what is everyone up to on the June long weekend?
If we dont go camping the caravan and camping show is on at RNA that weekend, I might go and have a look, Greg I could be in trouble with Vanessa for telling you this haha.
See ya Bruce
AnswerID: 174210

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 13:56

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 13:56
I am playing MR MOM every June long weekend until Thomas can look after himself. Judy goes on a girls weekend every year at this time generally to the Hunter Valley. Don't know why they head there every year, nothing much for them to do other than drink.......ohhhhh maybe that's why they go mmmmm.
Generally this means getting help from my MIL down in Port Macquarie to look after the young fella.
Good luck whatever you get up to. It may be worth starting another thread on this if you want more than just my response?? I had a feeling Greg also wanted to do something in June?? I may have my wires crossed though (not unusual for me as you know).

Trevor.
FollowupID: 430232

Reply By: Member - Bruce and Anne - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 14:37

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 14:37
Just chating to a mate on Skype and wandering about Freshwater , Rainbow Beach probably booked out but can only try, see what happens here and then start a new trips/gathering one on it.
Cheers Bruce
AnswerID: 174224

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce and Anne - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 14:43

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 14:43
He said it gets to crowded, Bruce
FollowupID: 430253

Follow Up By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 17:43

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 17:43
Afternoon Bruce and Anne,
I'm thinking about heading down to the Caravan/camping etc show on the thursday or friday( vanessa said I can go by myself yippeee) as we have a huge pub crawl on the Queens B'day weekend.(Sunday) It's known as The Worlds Greatest Pubcrawl (either the councils or the chamber of commerce's wording). Around 16-17 pubs are involved and you have a drink at each pub and busses run all arvo to take people around.
Plus the V8 supercars are on too ;))))

So sorry guys we won't be going anywhere that weekend.

Greg

FollowupID: 430308

Sponsored Links