FITCH TEST / Question to BILLS

Submitted: Monday, May 22, 2006 at 12:33
ThreadID: 34123 Views:2903 Replies:14 FollowUps:17
This Thread has been Archived
OK I know it been covered to death on this forum, but no one can to tell
me what is fuel consumption figures I can get from 4.0L V6 Petrol Prado...

I am going to outback trip in about 3 weeks time covering about 10000km. With Petrol fuel prices in outback expected to be up to $2 per liter I thought this will be a good time to test the Fitch. If it does work (with at least 10% fuel saving would be my minimum product performance satisfaction level) it will almost pay for itself by the end of the trip and if not I will get my money back so I got nothing to lose!?!?

The current average fuel consumption while on Petrol is 16.2 litres per 100km.
The LPG fuel consumption is 17.5 Liters per 100km. I normally fill my LPG tank full and run on it until it empty, then fill it again.

Now the question to BIILS - considering I got both petrol and LPG tanks I will need
to fit the in-line version of Fitch catalyst. What version should I get for my 4.0L Prado? Is there any issues using it with new Injected Gas Systems and who should I contact to get 1 :)?

Now for everyone else on the list I am not affiliated with Fitch in any way, etc. etc... And I'll let you know the results as they come.

Stan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Leroy - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 13:41

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 13:41
Stan Stan Stan........

(shaking my head)

Leroy
AnswerID: 173955

Reply By: chump_boy - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:02

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:02
Wasn't there a saying about poking an angry beast with a stick? .....
AnswerID: 173960

Follow Up By: Mr Fawlty - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 15:11

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 15:11
I think that was actually a remark made by a Japanese Military type when he said, in reference to the bombingk of Pearl Harbour... "I think you have awoken a sleeping Tiger"
FollowupID: 430257

Reply By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:10

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:10
You have read all the evasive manoevers, double talk, second hand testimonial, 20yr old data applied to US built carburetted engines, discredited theory, etc, etc, etc...

...and you STILL belive they are worth trying????????????

Spend your money.

As I said in another thread recently (Hydrogen generation), "A fool and his money are soon parted".

By the way, if you have a question for BillS, use the link to his product an contact him directly, rather than drag this old horse up AGAIN!!!!! The rest of us are pretty much over him, his deceitful marketing techniques, and his abuse of this forum as an advertising medium....

AnswerID: 173962

Follow Up By: Pavo - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 18:22

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 18:22
"The rest of us are pretty much over him"...not everyone, coz I can see a lot of the "rest of us" still replying below. No one has to read this thread, it's not like the subject heading Stan supplied tricked anyone.

I tend to have a giggle when I read these kinds of threads - no different to the old tyre/fridge/car make ones, coz none of those provide any scientific proof of which is the better one either.
FollowupID: 429977

Reply By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:20

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:20
Poinless asking what your fuel economy should be as we don't know how you drive, how loaded your vehicle is, or how many km on the clock (old/new motor).

As a rough guide, your milage on a run usually is about halfway between the "city" and "hwy" Govt figures.

Why are you so intent on fitting the Futch if you are going to be running on gas? The Futch is not intended for use on LPG AT ALL!! You will only be able to use it on petrol, at which point it is redundant as you will be on gas for most of the vehicles life (saving heaps more money that the Futch ever would).
AnswerID: 173963

Follow Up By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 16:30

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 16:30
"The Fitch is not intended for use on LPG AT ALL!! You will only be able to use it on petrol"

Gary, who told you that?

According to info on their web suite they are used in LPG cars and get up to 20% fuel saving (on standard non-injected LPG systems) Site Link

There your chance to ask all the questions regarding the car before the fitch installed.
Here the answers to the questions above:

The car got around 54000Km on the speedo.

I typically drive at the leisury pace - easy to moderate acceleration while keeping engine just under 2000rpm unless I am in a hurry somewhere and typically travel
just within the speed limit if traffic allows it...

The car at the moment is pretty standard weigh. It's got dual batteries, air compressor and lpg under the bonnet, stock standard tyres, third row seats
taken out, 2" lift with bilsteins/lovells suspension, rhino rack commercial 3 bar roof rack system on the roof and the snorkel...

FollowupID: 429954

Reply By: TerraFirma - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:22

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:22
Stan, if you've read all the threads and you still ask the Fitch question then you are a believer and should buy one, you will notice the difference, the rest of us wouldn't.!
AnswerID: 173964

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:55

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:55
LMAO!!!!!!!!! GOLD
FollowupID: 429933

Follow Up By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 16:46

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 16:46
Let me just say that I seen all the Fitch treads over the last few years and I deliberately stayed out of them as most people don't like receive negative comments directed at them and the BILLS antics don't help the products either.

We had 2 people to test the Fitch on the forum - both on the Diesel cars...
Now the question for me if not weather Fitch works or not - it is weather
I can get my money back from it soon enough...

The reason I am saying that is because I have another car -
3.0L 1998 Magna TF Sedan which I bought with 40000km on the speedo in
june 2000. I had the Fitch installed by K-mart centre at 80000km the cost was $160 fitted from memory - and it did decrease fuel consumption by about 5%. Before the fitch the fuel tank (70litres) on 91 unleaded lasted for 550km. The fuel tank on 98 unleaded (BP Ultimate) lasted for 600km. After fitting fitch the car on 91 unleaded (BP) lasted for 580-600km...

Now the Fitch for the Prado cost around $500, so 5% economy is not good enough
to cover the initial investment. So if I can get %10 economy on the Prado then it
makes sense.

Stan

FollowupID: 429959

Follow Up By: Leroy - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 17:07

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 17:07
Stan,

I reckon the premium cleaned your injectors allowing the ol magna to run more efficiently lol nah would nt of been the ....er what was it called again?

Leroy
FollowupID: 429962

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 18:02

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 18:02
Just for fun go to the fitch site ,look up what unit you would need for your vehicle , when you recover from the heart attack on seeing the price ,go to the fuel savings calculator and have some real fun ,, for my 80series t/d auto at current diesel prices I would NOT start to recoup any so called savings for 32,000 klm and 92 weeks ,,,that is of course if the bl--dy thing worked !!!!!
FollowupID: 429973

Follow Up By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 21:16

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 21:16
Just used their calculator:

F200 inline:

Doing 3000km a week (estimated to do 10000km trip over 3 weeks)
Average consumption .162 litres per 100
Cost Of fuel $1.60 (average with outback prices)

Based on 10% fuel saving:

Fuel Saving per week 77.8 litres

Recoupment 14853 km

Time 5 Weeks

LOL

FollowupID: 430043

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 00:05

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 00:05
I think Stan has seen the light.
FollowupID: 430085

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:32

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 14:32
Stan ,,dont even think about it ,, when the subject reared its head again just prior to easter I challenged BillS to give me a unit to test and that the cost of the unit would be held by a third party [David from ExploreOz] ,after excuses from Bill about him going to golf ect ect Iwas palmed off to his nth Qld counterpart , cut a long story short I am still waiting ,,,,had 1 very long email from NQ about fitting and the usual b-ll that BillS gives out ,how it would take x amount of fuel to go thru before any gains ,black smoke from my oil galleries being cleaned ect ect ,,, works out that the guarantee/waranty of 3mths money back is looong gone before the fine print claims of fuel savings can possibly come into effect ,, ohh and have you checked the cost/price of the units ???? even at $2+ per lt the cost buys a lot of fuel ,, more than even the most outlandish of BillS claims would not be recouperated in 4/5 yrs.
AnswerID: 173968

Reply By: Brew69(SA) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:02

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:02
Geesh u negative trolls give me the sh1ts!!!! What the problem??? If it works then good............if not u get a refund????? Sounds like most products on the market. Why whinge like little girls if u haven't had the balls to try one yourself?? And asking for a freebee alloy is poor form. Try and post your findings.......... don't waste out time with your negative crap all the time.
AnswerID: 174053

Follow Up By: Member - Matt M (ACT) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:35

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:35
Fair cop Brewman. But with all the efforts by major vehicle manufacturers to produce more economical vehicles, it seems strange that none of them have gotten on to this.

I know, big conspiracy by the US and oil companies, etc. But when the sellers of this product jump on forums such as this and claim a 20% increase in fuel economy (see post 33696), then it makes you wonder.

Some people claim that regular enemas are good for you, but I am not about to leap on that bandwagon either.

Matt.
FollowupID: 430029

Follow Up By: Brew69(SA) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:46

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:46
Don't try to complicate the thing. Its simple. If it works you win.If not a refund. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I am in the nothing ventured group...............but i don't jump on every fitch post there is like some and bag out on it because I haven't tried it. And as for sellers jumping on the forum??? Its not disguised as someone selling u a yarn....its there in black and white who is posting. And i think they do pay to advertise on this site, which is where the money to keep this forum afloat comes from. Do enemas come with a money back guarantee?? hahaha
FollowupID: 430033

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 09:41

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 09:41
Brew69 ,was not a "freebie" asked for , was a garantee of refund , Fitches so called money back garantee is worded in such away that you woud need the services of a queens council fighting in the supreme court to unravel the true statements ,, in short you only get your money back within 3mths ,fine print of use of Fitch is that you must use Fich for over 3mths before you can expect any fuel savings ,there for your refund garantee is null and void by the time you have fullfilled your money back garanteed trial.
FollowupID: 430139

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 19:57

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 19:57
Alloy,

Mate, I can attest to the validity of the money back g'tee from BillS. I put my hard-earned (......okay; maybe not so much of the "hard-earned" in my case...hehehe), tried the heavy can of whatever for about 2 months; noticed no difference in my fuel usage; asked for a refund and got my money back pronto! Now (since my episode), BillS has increased the g'tee to 120%, so you may even make some money!!!!
FollowupID: 430348

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 20:49

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 20:49
Roachie ,fair enough that you got your $ back ,thing is that according to BillS and his Qld counterpart ,"that due to the milage of your vehicle [mine] you may find an increase in fuel use while the Fitch cleans your fuel system ,a significant amount of black smoke is also liable as the carbon build up is removed ,this may take upto 5/6 tanks of fuel " .... now when not out and about on a trip/ trek I only use 2 tanks per mth so the 3mth $ garantee becomes worthless , as for increasing the money back to 120% ,sounds like same deal that a very large hardware chain promotes ,"find the same item cheaper and we,ll beat it by 10%" when you read the fine print the proposition becomes impposible....and as you say ,you found no increase in your fuel economy , be very interested to hear Bills explaination/excuse why you had NO positive results .
FollowupID: 430374

Follow Up By: Brew69(SA) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 21:51

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 21:51
If thats Bunnings then i have made good on the offer more than once.
FollowupID: 430396

Reply By: Member - John R (NSW) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:19

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 20:19
Goodonya Alloy! Keep seeking answers.
We're all still waiting with bated breath :-)

I used to have an LPG car, but for the life of me can't work out how you can drop those pellets or whatever they're called into a LPG tank? Do you poke 'em through that little valve where you put the filling noozle, or do you pay a licenced LPG mechanic to remove said valve to drop them in the empty tank? (hate to get my fingies frozen orff).

This miraculously formulated device now works with LPG! And one size fits all! (Petrol, diesel and LPG).

As Ritchie used to say....."SSSSSSSooooper effort, that!!"
AnswerID: 174055

Reply By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Monday, May 22, 2006 at 21:30

Monday, May 22, 2006 at 21:30
The one thing that has always made me curious is that catalysts by nature are only active in one SPECIFIC chemical reaction. ie a particular molecule size and shape, and specifially NOT active on other molecules of only similar size and/or shape. It is usually referred to as a "lock and key" reaction being a guide to exactly how specific the reaction is.

How can the Futch claim to be a catalyst of so many different chemicals (albeit of the same chemical family) without having as many different "catalysts" in them.
AnswerID: 174084

Reply By: TerraFirma - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 10:21

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 10:21
I thought it interesting to see the Fitch fuel catalyst listed on a website called SCAM.COM. Why would they list the Fitch there, it's got me beat..?

Site Link

The Fuel Catalyst Scam is explained , here is a small extract:

Especially surprising is the fact that most makers of fuel "catalysts" claim their products are equally suited to petrol and diesel engines. Petrol and diesel are quite different; the combustion processes in petrol and diesel engines are quite different; and the qualities that make a "good" petrol are not the same (indeed in are exactly opposite to) the qualities that make a "good" diesel. Even if we assume that a catalyst to produce "better" petrol could be devised, and also a catalyst to produce "better" diesel, for these to be one and the same thing seems highly implausible to me.

Some commentators claim that the various catalysts work very well in theory, but the evil oil companies specifically add products to their fuel to "disable" them. Even if true (which would be easy enough to prove by carrying out scientific tests on the product using an alternative fuel), you have to ask why these catalytic products are not simply sold in other countries where the fuel blend is different.

AnswerID: 174175

Reply By: G.T. - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 15:23

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 15:23
Stan , have a yarn to Roachie. He had one but sent it back. He is a connoissseur of aftermarket accessories ( see his Rig list ). I would think if it was`nt up to Roachies expectations , it may not be up to yours. Regards G.T.
AnswerID: 174241

Reply By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 16:50

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 16:50
Had a chat to the distributor today. He said that they recommend F300 unit
for newer cars because the fuel flow is higher and smaller units don't have
enouth time to treat the fuel.... He is confident that 10% is atteinable on those
cars based on the ones they already done... So now I am looking at $500 + about $120 for the fitting.... Gonna do those numbers again...
AnswerID: 174253

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 19:31

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 19:31
20,000 ks and 7plus weeks.
FollowupID: 430341

Reply By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 00:19

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 00:19
12 replies and 16 follow ups and the silence is golden :-)
AnswerID: 174363

Reply By: awill4x4 - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 21:26

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 21:26
But Stan, you've already asked and answered your own question. Here's your quote from the Fiitch site.

"According to info on their web suite they are used in LPG cars and get up to 20% fuel saving (on standard non-injected LPG systems)"

Then under your own rig profile you have:
LPG - Tartarini Sequential Gas Injection System

Regards Andrew.

AnswerID: 174773

Follow Up By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 22:11

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 22:11
Andrew,

The sentence about non injected stuff I added myself as I don't beleave that you'll
be able to get 20% saving on injected system as it only uses about 10% more compared to petrol...

Anyway the only problem for me is the numbers... If I were running on Petrol
it looks good and you can get your money back within 27000km if you take into
account cost of Unit and cost of install ~$620. However as I'll be running on LPG most of the time I'll need to do around 58000km to get my money back...

FollowupID: 430833

Sponsored Links