Microfast Mi-10 tent,

Submitted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 13:17
ThreadID: 34172 Views:5708 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Crew,
Does anyone have experience with these tents? Good, bad, indifferent.
Ease of setup, value for money, waterproofing etc.

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 15:48

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 15:48
Geoff, We had 2 MI-4 Microfast tents, I found them to be hard work. you have to first peg out the tent and clip the fly on and peg out the ends. Someone else mentioned on this forum that they liked their Microfast but it did not breathe very well and they had to leave the doors open at night. I think they would be great on a hot summers night in the desert without the fly. We have touring tents now, much easier but bigger to transport and heavier. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

AnswerID: 174244

Reply By: Ollie - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 16:34

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 16:34
We have a Mi9 - have used it for about 4 years with no real probs at all. Have it set up in less than 10 mins. Very waterproof. Only downside is in very strong, front-on winds the front tends to collapse in a bit - pops out as gusts pass (I'm talking really strong gusts). I understand the newer ones have guy ropes on the front which should help.
AnswerID: 174249

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 19:40

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 19:40
Ollie!! I was going to mention, it may be ok in the big sizes where you only put up one tent, less fiddly. And yes they do collapse easily but may be a benefit in heavy winds, they just lay over and when the wind stops they just stand up again.. It beats holding the centre pole of a touring tentfor half the night like we did a few years ago!! Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

FollowupID: 430345

Sponsored Links