Places Map Search

Submitted: Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 19:55
ThreadID: 34260 Views:1653 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
As mentioned the other day I have just installed phase one of places map search. You can now have a look at the national spread of all 66,000+ places using the new map search features. As metioned it it phase one so any comments or updates that you think should be installed would be great.

As a run down I have created a map image of all of the types of places (caravan parks, free camps etc) and if you enable map search mode you can then hit a single location of draw a box around a specific area and the system will show you the details for each of the selected places. Now you must select a specific type of place to see the map search option and enable the map search mode. Sounds confusing anyway here are some links to help you out:

Firstly text mode search Designated Free Camps once in there you can hit the Switch to Map Mode - this will then show you the map - draw a box a presto results - try clicking on a single symbol and again you should be presented with the results.

Also we can create links to the map search mode directly such as this one to UHF Repeater Search.

Enjoy and please let me know what you think. I am starting to think about the download to mapping/gps facilities at the moment. More as it happens.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 20:22

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 20:22
Well done David - again, I wonder sometimes just how your brain manages to work all this out. Beyond me.
AnswerID: 174749

Follow Up By: ZUKSCOOTERX90(QLD-MEMBER) - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 20:38

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 20:38
Hi Ruth, how are you managing with that t.v. mob out there?they must be frost up to the knee's or have you not been familiarised with them?Any of that liquid gold out there yet?Have a good night . bob.
FollowupID: 430804

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, May 26, 2006 at 12:02

Friday, May 26, 2006 at 12:02
Ruth,

I even managed to add your park to the system today! It is now searchable. BTW you can edit the description and info in the places lookup if you like and also add upto 9 images for the park. Enjoy.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 430949

Sponsored Links