Tides - Esperance to Eucla

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 13:55
ThreadID: 34730 Views:1951 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone successfully googled a reliable source for tidal information for Esperance to Eucla on the net?

or any recommendations on sources of paper copies for July?

Ciao for now
Andrew.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rod W - Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 14:22

Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 14:22
Try this http://www.bom.gov.au/oceanography/tides/MAPS/gab.shtml#form
AnswerID: 177455

Reply By: Squire - Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 14:23

Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 14:23
Andrew,
The Bureau of Meteorology website is pretty good for tidal info. http://www.bom.gov.au/oceanography/tides/MAPS/gab.shtml#map
Or try searching for a freeware program called Wxtide32. Great little program that will tell you the tide just about anywhere around the world. It's may not always match whats in the local newspaper but it's damn close.

Squire
AnswerID: 177456

Reply By: Sarg - Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 14:56

Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 14:56
Go to: www.bom.gov.au/
Select Ocean Services(LH middle of webpage) - Tide Predictions for Aust (top left) - Click on Esperence map area - change start date to July and hit Submit.

Good hunting
AnswerID: 177465

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 15:01

Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 15:01
Andrew

I thought I obtained a tide chart for when we were there in June last year but after rummaging throught my papers I cant find it.

I am sure I got it from the CALM office in Esperance. Try them

As you would know, June and July are the bad times to access the beach as the tides come right up to the foot of the dunes. We timed it 5 hours after the the high tide had turned and just made it through. There were a couple of anxious moments when the vehicles started to sink into the wet sand.

I have a heap of notes of tracks and info on the Israelite Bay and environs and CALM stuff here. Can mail it to you if you like. Just email me through www.kempen.id.au

Cheers
AnswerID: 177467

Reply By: cookie - Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 17:08

Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 17:08
Check out
www.arachnoid.com/JTides/index.html
free tide predicition program for pretty much anywhere in the world. Takes a little bit of fiddling to set up the loactions you want but being for free how could you complain. Gives a sinusiodal graph of the tide range for each day/week/year, what ever you like, so you can predict what the height of the tide will be at any time, not just highs and lows. Don't know how accurate it is down south but I have used it for a while now up in the pilbara and found it great. It predictions do vary a few centimeters from the aussie government predictions. Also read the authors blurb on sharware, worth the read, basically says it's free don't complain and use at your own risk.
AnswerID: 177491

Follow Up By: cookie - Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 19:12

Thursday, Jun 08, 2006 at 19:12
Also try
Site Link
FollowupID: 433611

Sponsored Links