Slide Tray under ute ... & tyre carriers

Submitted: Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 16:04
ThreadID: 34772 Views:8399 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Sorry if yeah getting sick of my questions but figure this is the place with the knowledge.

I have a rodeo single cab ute ...... I am looking at placing a sliding tray under my tray ... which will give approx 1800 x 850 x 180 high with will slide out to give (guessing 1500). I want to use this space for tools recovery gear etc etc etc) with the top to be used as a cooking top or what ever.

Does anyone have something similar or what are the pro's and con's of this?

Next.

Tyre carriers I have my tyre secured behind the passenger seat in the tray was toying with the idea off something like the Kaymar carriers external of the tray as i'm looking at a 2nd tyre, doing this allows me to sleep in the back if I want. The rest of the space will be taken up with fridge stove shelfs etc etc.

Pro's and Con's again.

I must admit the weight on the rear is a concern to me, would this be a major issue?

Thanks
Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 16:18

Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 16:18
Brother in law did it with his Nissan tray back, looked great and uses an area that is normally inaccessible.

Had it specially built.
AnswerID: 177683

Reply By: simple - Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 16:55

Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 16:55
i'm thinking of mking a wheel carrier for my patrol ute. i was looking at it the other day and the plan is to have box tube that fits inside the support rails of the tray running about half a metre or so under the tray then another piece running the width of the tray and swing aways mounted on that. looks pretty simple. other people on here have made their own swing aways using stub axle's so once i find them i'll be just about set... when i get around to it.
AnswerID: 177689

Reply By: Wiskers - Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 19:46

Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 19:46
Brian
Have a look at my Rig. Table consists of two pieces of 30 mm Box Tubing welded beneath the tray and a wooden top with two pieves of 25 mm Box Tubing to slide beneath the tray.
We carry it inside the tray as we have ample room.
I built a small tray out of wire mesh that fits beneath the main tray above the spare tyre. In this I carry an axe, shovel and two fold up chairs. Theres a gap of approx 200mm I can access from the rear.
If you wanted a longer table, you could get a length of Stainless Steel, make up lugs to fit in where your tray sides attach to your Ute. This could be held up by a length of small chain. You may be able to leave it permanently attached or remove it inside.
It's all really up to your imagination.
Good luck
With regards.
Wiskers.
One life. Live it while you can.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 177725

Reply By: AS/KS - Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 22:03

Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 22:03
Trundle tray ( sliding tray)

Pro's
Excellent for storage.

Con's
Got quoted $1395 fitted

Im going make one myself..
AnswerID: 177748

Reply By: Member - John - Sunday, Jun 11, 2006 at 09:10

Sunday, Jun 11, 2006 at 09:10
Brian, I looked at the tyre stowage problem and decided to store two spares between cab and headboard of tray, much better weight distribution. This can allow you to have a standard size tray or mod it to suit your needs. Hope this helps a little?
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 177910

Reply By: Member - qld_bushpig - Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 10:17

Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 10:17
Check out Duratray in Brissy. Fully enclosed and lockable. They quoted me $1500 fitted. I am getting one for my Hilux.

Cheers
Jack
AnswerID: 178045

Sponsored Links