noosa wilderness park end off lease

Submitted: Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 17:44
ThreadID: 34774 Views:4077 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
can anyone tell me what is going to happen to the noosa northshore wilderness park we just spent a week there and the owners lease runs out soon the noosa shire is not realy the best of freinds with campers thay just want to let the bloody trees grow and close all camp sites. so if anyone knows the parks real fate i would love to know
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lorne - Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 19:53

Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 19:53
Hi
My family run the ferry over to northshore and we've been told that the council will keep it running for atleast another year. There will be some changes in the area but so far the camp will stay. The owner of the lease has been there 10 years and a few things have been let run to ruin. Future plan is to close between 1st and 3rd cuttings to make it safer on the beach. With the new development happening there soon it is only going to get busy over there in the future.

Lorne........
AnswerID: 177726

Follow Up By: Gdad - Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 20:01

Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 20:01
thanks lorne
that can only be good news its getting harder to find good camping carravan spots nere the water
FollowupID: 433861

Reply By: Brian B (QLD) - Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 23:04

Friday, Jun 09, 2006 at 23:04
Gdad,

Just out of curiosity sake, what condition is the park in at the moment? I haven't stayed there for a long time, but wouldn't mind giving it a burst again some time soon.

Have a good one.
AnswerID: 177764

Follow Up By: Gdad - Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 09:18

Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 09:18
the open area is good thats where we stayed as you drive in the left hand side next to the office is all closed thats about half the park and some of the toilets have been removed it still prity clean and i would tell anyone i know to go for a stay
FollowupID: 433920

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 09:05

Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 09:05
Good article in the Fin Review the other day on the change in the demographic of the Noosa visitors and what has happened to the businesses as a result. Could be they want to get back to forest to get value back.
AnswerID: 177795

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 09:32

Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 09:32
Does anyone know more about the story that they might start charging a fee to drive on the beach?? last time I went over there in Dec the coast guard boys were handing out flyers saying something like sign the petition to stop it but I can't remember much about what the story was.....why is it always about making money when you want to go and enjoy nature?
AnswerID: 177800

Follow Up By: jon p qld - Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 15:09

Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 15:09
Charging a fee to drive on the beach has been talked about for ages and will eventually be introduced. The council first want to upgrade the road to the third cutting and the cutting itself and then close the beach between the first and third cuttings to vehicles. Closing that section to vehicles seems a good idea as it is just too dangerous to let young children play on the beach over there now, and making all the traffic enter the beach via the third crossing won't make any difference to people wanting to drive up to the cooloola section to camp. I don't think charging a fee will make any difference to the number of vehicles using the beach, even this morning on a very wet weekend every other vehicle driving through Tewantin seemed to be a 4wd loaded with camping gear and fishing rods heading up the beach. Charging a fee is just going to make it too expensive for those of us who just like to nip over for a quick fish after work. ( just my two cents worth )
Regards Jon
FollowupID: 433958

Follow Up By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 15:46

Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 15:46
Jon, I see your point but I used to go up there nearly every day after school to get a quick fish in or just to have a drive on the beach....back when it was $2.50 or something on the ferry. I think allot of people that live close by won't have the money to go over for a weekend camp or something if they do that...and why do we have to pay the money? for tar roads and to put road signs up and to make it just like a public road. That's not what going to the beach is about for me. If it's going to keep going one of these days there will be a tar road on the beach to Rainbow with a toll bridge or something accross the river

I just want it to stay the same the way I know it
FollowupID: 433965

Sponsored Links