springs

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 12:37
ThreadID: 34794 Views:1520 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All. Have a 02 Space cab rodeo. Just got a Goldstream off road camper. I have
been told that sway bars are not the way to go with a TREG hitch.
Can anyone give any advice or ideas on how to beef up the rear .Thanks in advance. Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 14:36

Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 14:36
Brian

Go and have a look at WA truckspring on welshpool road Welshpool just east of Leach hwy.

I run air bag helper between axle and chaise and can adjust ride height.

Richard
AnswerID: 177827

Follow Up By: wheeleybin - Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 18:29

Saturday, Jun 10, 2006 at 18:29
Good advice I propped up a Rodeo with air bags and using the schroder valves to inflate you can kit up for around $500 yourself usinh good quality Firestone Bags.
Glen Rulach in Melbourne supplies good equipment.
Wheeleybin
FollowupID: 433983

Reply By: Kimberly Kruiser - Sunday, Jun 11, 2006 at 00:40

Sunday, Jun 11, 2006 at 00:40
G'day Brian

Beefed up the rear end of the FIL's Rodeo with a set of Ironman helper springs (about $180 from memory). He tows a single axle off road pop top with it, no prob's and uses a two bar (90kg) WDH with the Tregg hitch.

I use a Hayman Reese WDH with my Tregg hitch on my tandem van. You will have to weld a 15 - 20mm spacer on top of the Reese block to act as a guide/lock for the Tregg receiver because of the side locator lugs on the receiver itself. There is absolutely no problem with towing with a WDH and a Tregg or any other sort of off road hitch. Just remove the bars when actually offroad, twisting turning etc.

You will receive other opinions on any type of WDH and that you don't need them etc. I wouldn't and don't tow anything bigger than a box trailer without them but that will be your call.

Cheers
Wal
AnswerID: 177892

Sponsored Links