05' nissan patrol. " Those tail lights "

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 16:05
ThreadID: 35015 Views:2128 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day There!

Can anybody give me the low down on connecting the wiring loom you can curiously buy from your nissan dealer. I have them on order, and wish to instal them myself. Any suggestions on cutting out for the globe holders? Have heard some talk about glueing them in, but not to keen on using silicone or the like. And is it brakes on the upper and indicaters on the lower? The main reason for connecting these lights up is to get both reversing liights working, and instal 55watt philips globes. Thats to replace the 1 candle power light I have there now.
*Special thanks to the good folks at ADR for making all these problems possible for us.

Cheers Matt
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shaker - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 16:55

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 16:55
Look here forum post .... 25345
AnswerID: 178951

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 16:55

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 16:55
When you get the loom and parts get some LED bulbs so that you cannot overload the existing wiring these bulbs are available from Dick Smiths and online from www.ledshoponline.com
I drilled the holes with a spade bit using a low speed drill, one has to be very carefull to get the centre just right so a very small pilot hole is the way to go unless someone knows abetter way.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 178952

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 21:54

Saturday, Jun 17, 2006 at 21:54
Why not fit a proper reversing/work (home made Kaymar replica would do) light thats useful. reversing lights with any globes are useless as they are.
Save the 100's of $ and hassles.

PS. There have been people with fuse issues with the extra globes and using trailers.
AnswerID: 178999

Reply By: govo - Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 21:32

Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 21:32
Hi Matt..I started to drill out the centres then realized that plastic shavings were going to be a problem so i used a electric soldering iron instead to cut them out.

Purchased some soft rubber blub holders from a auto elecy and used small amounts of silicon to hold them in...been working for 3 years now with no problems so far. Total cost was about $15
AnswerID: 179339

Sponsored Links