LC100,4.5 with 35inch tyres,fuel consumtion?

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 21:47
ThreadID: 35195 Views:1885 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone.I have a LC 100 series cruiser,4.5 petrol,I'm thinking of putting 35 inch tyres on it,anyone out there currently running 35s,what is your fuel consumtion around town,and on long trips??? I am currently running 33s,and please only petrol only powered cruisers answer this....Thank you all for replies..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rock Crawler - Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 22:55

Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 22:55
what lift are you running , you need to go to 4" to fit 35's and they still will rub on the drivers side mud flap sometimes . You need to correct your camber by 3 deg and 30 min, can only be done with camber plates .

Now back to your Question on fuel consumption , I thought it was terrible till I figured out , how far the speedo was out , ( 10 %)

Around town stop start it's pretty bad , but once on the highway on long trips , I get better economy with the 35's

Hope this helps
AnswerID: 180154

Follow Up By: Bobthe... - Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 23:42

Friday, Jun 23, 2006 at 23:42
Thanks rockcrawler,I currently have a 3inch lift,I'm thinking about a 50mm body lift so I can fit the 35s on. I have read in a 4x4 mag that a 50mm suspension lift combined with a 50mm body lift doesn't need an engineers certificate.And insurance companys accept this.As opposed to a 4inch lift,you need an engineers certificate for compliance,which means big $$$. My maverick shorty has 50mm suspension lift,50mmbody lift with 35s, and no insurance hassles.I know the 4inch lift gives far better articulation,and has a bit more wow factor about it,but I thought to save any potential legal hassles from vic roads or my insurance co in the future,the body/suspension lift was the way to go... Whats your opinion???
FollowupID: 436391

Follow Up By: Rock Crawler - Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 08:50

Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 08:50
My shorty has 130 mm suspension lift and 80 mm body lift and 36" CP's nothing legal about it .

Who ever told you that anything over 2" suspension lift is Road worthy and no need of engineers , is full of S H I T . There is no Body lift that is legal . They all need a engineers report. To add to that , 35" tyres arnt legal either . You need to have a engineers to have them on your car also.

Your insurance company may have said , no problems to your mod's . Because they asume you have them done legaly with engineers reports. If you look at the fine print of your insurance contract , it states that the vehicle is to be in roadworthy condituion at all times .

Road worthy rules in Victoria state that no tyre over 2" from factory can be fitted and no suspention lift over 2" also . Body lift is a no no full stop .

If you want any of these items legaly on your vehicle , the vehicle needs to be engineered.

You can take this info to the bank
FollowupID: 436407

Follow Up By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 18:42

Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 18:42
Vince Burlings V/8 petrol cruiser returns 14 litres per 100 but a standard set up,so what is youre returning?????

Regards BILLS
FollowupID: 436447

Follow Up By: Bobthe... - Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 22:53

Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 22:53
Hi Bill S,I currently get 20litres per 100kms around town,and 17.5litres per 100kms country driving.I don't drive hard,in fact I drive fairly conservatively. Hope this is of some help.
FollowupID: 436468

Reply By: Steve - Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 18:46

Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 18:46
mate, this has been done to death. Please use the search facility. Enter 'Landcruiser 100 lpg' or similar. There's lots of detail. It's worth doing. i've done it on mine.
AnswerID: 180211

Follow Up By: Rock Crawler - Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 23:00

Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 23:00
Steve , I think you should actually read a post before you post . The fellow here is asking about fuel consumtion with 35's Who on earth mentioned gas here.

If you dont like a post read on . Some people that ask questions here are new to the sight and may not be familiar with the sites search facility .

Dont you think explaining that there is a search facility here , is better than been rude ?

I have been a Member here for a long time and have seen the same question come up many a time , I have never seen the need to freak out about it.

Cheers RC

FollowupID: 436470

Reply By: Bobthe... - Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 22:25

Saturday, Jun 24, 2006 at 22:25
thanks Rockcrawler for your valuable information,I'm a complete novice at this computer bussiness,don't knoow how to access site links etc...If I were a little more computer literate I would show you all some great pictures of my big bastard cruiser during it's 6800km journey ,taking in 4 states of our beautiful country. thanks to all for your time and information,it is much apprecciated!!!!!!
AnswerID: 180232

Follow Up By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 25, 2006 at 20:05

Sunday, Jun 25, 2006 at 20:05
Bobthe, Mate when you want to get your fuel figures down by at least a litre less for every 100klms you drive contact me and I will help you.
But be warned there are a lot of disbelievers on this forum ,and you will need to contact me thru our toll free number 1800444409 and ask for distributor southern nsw.
So now ALL you disbelieving forumites keep your illinformed comments to your illinformed selves and let the guy find out for himself remember it is Guarenteed 90 days money back.

Regards BILLS
FollowupID: 436556

Sponsored Links