trackabout c/t after sales service, disappointing

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 15:14
ThreadID: 35332 Views:2868 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
after many months of planning, our departure date approaches for a trip around oz so we set the c/t on saturday only to find our brand new safari trackabout has little holes in the canvas TOTALLY DEVASTED !! so first thing monday morning rang TRACKABOUT to speak to some one regarding our trailer ,and about the best way to fix the problem.
I told them we will be up that way in a weeks time approx so can i speak to someone. was told by the girl on the phone no one was about at the moment but someone will call me back *(9am) so then i rang back at mid day, to be told the same thing, still waiting 10.30 TUESDAY morning so i rang them again only to be told ring them when up the way . totally crapped off ! still have 'nt spoken to anyone past the front desk
Is this a typical m.o would like to hear from any one else.
I've just spent $ 11000 with this company and no one will return a call
i understand $11,000 mightn't seem much to them ,but to me this was a once in a life time purchase for a once in a lifetime trip with the kids,
so anyone considering purchasing a new product should consider after sales
service as a factor
has i have experienced none.
a totally disgruntled TRACKABOUT customer
yours sincerly
The walker family
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Des Lexic - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 15:59

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 15:59
Tony,
before you have a stress attack and you will be no good to anyone then, when you look at canvas from the inside out, you will frequently see what appears to be pin holes in the canvas. If the holes were bigger then you may have recourse for action. My Shippshape roof topper has many "pin pricks" in the cover and we have never had a problem.
As a suggestion, have you waterproofed the canvas and by that I mean put a sprinkler on it for several hours. If water does not leak through after this process, then you don't have a problem.
AnswerID: 180634

Follow Up By: cokeaddict - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 16:49

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 16:49
Interesting point there Des Lexic, How does one run the sprinkler when water restrictions are in place. Not a cheeky comment mind you, just one i didnt think of for the new owners of C/T's.

I recall many years back when i purchased my new 2 room tent, First time I set it up at home it too had many pin prick holes in it, thinking this tent was faulty i rang them and told them of the problem and they said it needed to be watered down for a while before used. So i left it up and lucky for me the next 5 days brought heavy rain with it then sunshine for the next week or so. This cured the problem. But even with the pin holes new, once the rain started it didnt leak at all as i kept wondering in it to see how much water id find in it.

but i can understand his concern, I to would have wanted answers. Amazing what we learn in life.
FollowupID: 436906

Follow Up By: Des Lexic - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:36

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:36
Fair point Cokey, I don't live in an area where I have problems with overzealous neighbours and waterboards.
FollowupID: 436958

Reply By: Member - Rob R (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 16:58

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 16:58
Tony,

I have the same camper. The water tank was faulty and it was replaced post haste, no problems. I am surprised that you have not got a response from them as yet. Ring them again and tell them you want to speak to the owner John. If he is not there get them to put you on to the guy in charge of their canvas shop. I can not think of his name off hand. I am more than happy with the service I received.

Regards,

Rob
AnswerID: 180645

Reply By: scoof - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 17:51

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 17:51
Ring them and tell them you want to buy a camper and see if someone rings you then.
Cheers Scoof
AnswerID: 180658

Follow Up By: angler - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:12

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:12
Scoof,

Works every time mate. Just make sure you ask to be rung back.

Pooley
FollowupID: 436943

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:17

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:17
They have your cash, why would they care anymore? Welcome to the 00's..
AnswerID: 180695

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:27

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:27
Truckster you are sooooo bloooooody synical it hurts,LOL.
FollowupID: 436951

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:31

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 at 20:31
and i no me stelling is uph tro sheet troo naht brefor i gheet tolled orff foreet.
FollowupID: 436955

Sponsored Links