Rain Event Forecast for QLD NSW

Submitted: Monday, Jul 10, 2006 at 22:16
ThreadID: 35715 Views:1801 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I just saw a very excited Weather presenter on the FOXTEL. Apparently there is a big rain event developing in NT/QLD and expected to cross through NSW. An upper level trough is forming and there is tropical moisture in it that should move across the area in a SE direction about Wednesday or Thursday. 10MM minimum with the potential for much higher falls in NSW
I checked out the BOM site and they are talking about it too. BOM is always more conservative than the privateers used on FOXTEL.

Here is the link

Site Link

We are about to set off on a double crossing of the Simpson plus Coongie, Innamincka, Tibooburra and along the fence to Silverton.
Oh well, we shall just wait and see.

Kings
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Tuesday, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:18

Tuesday, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:18
Love to see this come about at the link below wxmaps.org/pix/prec7.html It offers the best hope of some form of survival of grain crops and animal production in Australia. There used to be a 5+5 forecast that seemed accurate, but this 7+7 is no where as near as reliable.
AnswerID: 182893

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Tuesday, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:26

Tuesday, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:26
G'day Kingsley,

We can only hope it eventuates because it is badly needed. I hope it doesn't upset your travels but it has been extremely dry in most of the SE and I would think that 10 mil is almost just enough to wet the ground - we need about 50 mil over the dams to make a difference.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 182895

Sponsored Links