upper cylinder lub fittment

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 01, 2003 at 11:31
ThreadID: 3601 Views:1703 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
has anyone fitted or have ideas how to fitt a upper cylinder lubricant kit.i have a moreys kit i want to fit to my 91 gq patrol petrol / lpgas , with twin batteries and the intake exits at the rear of the front guard for the snorkle,cant see much room in the engine bay,any ideas ,tips, pointers would be greatly appreciated.
regards stephenjNQ.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wizardrem - Saturday, Mar 01, 2003 at 20:32

Saturday, Mar 01, 2003 at 20:32
I have a GQ, and mine is located on the rear of the right guard, on a slight angle......
theres not much room under the bonnet of these...
AnswerID: 14256

Follow Up By: Tuco69 - Saturday, Mar 01, 2003 at 22:04

Saturday, Mar 01, 2003 at 22:04
It doesn't matter if the Moreys oil reservoir bottle isn't exactly vertical - just as long as the pickup tube reaches to the bottom. The adjustable regulator needs to be mounted vertical though for propper operation.

Tuco
FollowupID: 8552

Follow Up By: stephenjNQ - Saturday, Mar 01, 2003 at 23:23

Saturday, Mar 01, 2003 at 23:23
after having a good look i ended up putting it on the second battery frame ,i put the regulator on the fire wall and only just had enough tube for the pickup,its a very snugh fit with the a/c hoses ,power steering pump and battery cables , but it seems to be working okay .the ucl is coming thru and i set it at about 15 drops per min for starters.
thank you for the reply's.
regards stephenjNQ.
FollowupID: 8559

Reply By: goodsy - Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 01:30

Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 01:30
Is there any point in using the stuff? Know a guy with 400000km's on gas in his GQ no upper cylinder lub. Know 400000 is true because he had a hole in his fuel tank and could not be bothered getting it fixed.
AnswerID: 14275

Follow Up By: stephenjNQ - Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 11:14

Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 11:14
mainly using it to stop valves running to dry because of lack of lubrication from gas , mine has a miss at idle under load on gas but not on petrol,since installing this yesterday the miss is not there. also after working for a toyota dealer and seeing what crap materials they use in the valve guides (supposed to be hardened to run on unleaded) any help for the guides is a big plus,also help stops detination maybe not so much on vechiles designed to run on unleaded.brother inlaw tried running his 351 c on unleaded with head shims to lower compression , but still had problems untill he put the UCL kit on ,no more detination or run on, smoother idle .
FollowupID: 8570

Reply By: Mikell - Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 20:10

Sunday, Mar 02, 2003 at 20:10
I considered putting one on my GQ. Wasnt having any problems but thought might be cheap insurance. So when i took the car in to have the 10 year gas tank test i asked the guys in the workshop if it was worth fitting. Was told to save my money, not worth it.
I cant remember the name of the place offhand but all they did was gas conversions and gas tank testing. They also sold and installed upper cylinder lubricant kits. I figured if they didnt recommend them i would save the dollars and spend it on something else
AnswerID: 14321

Sponsored Links