Fishing

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003 at 23:01
ThreadID: 3771 Views:1870 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Leaving Jamestown (SA) end April for 1 month. Propose going to Roper Bar and Limmen Bite. Can anyone tell me can we get close to good spots as only have tinny with 10hp motor. Takes all day to travel 20kms or so. Example - Went to King Ash Bay last year and closest we could get to the outlet was 30kms. Am novice in the Territory but have fallen in love with the place and want to catch a Barra before I die.

Regards

Garry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tony - Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:11

Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:11
Gary, April might be a bit to soon due the the wet, it can go on till the end of May, and at the moment you carn't get off the black top.

A 10hp with two can get along at a fair pace but to get down towards the mouth of the Roper you will need a long day and a spare caddy to get back.

Regards Tony
AnswerID: 14914

Reply By: Member - Willem- Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 18:24

Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 18:24
Garry,

You are able to drive to virtually the mouth of the Roper but only in the DRY season and I would say that you may not get in there before the end of May this year. I believe that there is a good fishing camp near Maria Lagoon on the Limmen. The Cox River is also accessible and by all accounts there is good fishing as well. I doubt if you will get into any of these places before mid-May. Have fun. Cheers, Willem

PS I live in Peterborough just up the road from you. If you wish you can email me at willem.kempen@bigpond .com for more NT info or visit my website at www.kempen.id.au
AnswerID: 14979

Sponsored Links