Reply from TCIS.

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 14:05
ThreadID: 4089 Views:1829 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have today received emails from a couple of sources regarding the insurance scheme.

As best as I can track down the source of this email was Ray Charleston who placed the email on the Nissan 'chat' site.

Not being a regular user of such sites I have register with Nissan and hope this email hits the mark. Some you, who perhaps are registered with the Nissan site, may get this email twice.

First to the points mentioned in the email;

CGU have stepped back from being lead underwriter of the 4WD scheme. This has been publicised in our recent issue of Covernote to all clubs. They are still writing some cover but on their own terms and conditions which limit modifications.

TCIS has established a panel of insurers to replace CGU - 6 at the moment, we expect this to grow by a couple more over the next month.

Some of the insurers in our panel will take lift kits and other modifications.

Height of lift is important. If we are told its a 3 inch lift kit we assume it will raise the vehicle 3 inches and have to work with only those insurers who will accept such a change. If on the other hand the kit is designed to simply compensate for additional weight and the resultant lift is a lesser figure, we will base cover on this net lift.

All our insurers will accept stock standard, some will accept lift kits

Any recognised modification is acceptable ie OEM, ARB etc, home done jobs may not. They do not need to be done by vehicle manufacturers.

Other issues not raised in the email;

Our markets provide the highest option of cover for members, subject to acceptable claims settlement and policy wordings. We will not place insurers on our panel if cover is, in our view, inadequate.
Currently with the insurers we have on board we are able to offer cover to the vast majority of our members, a few very heavily modified vehicles may fall outside our scope, this has always been the case.

At renewal we offer cover based on the data we hold for our members. We send a notice asking members to ring us to discuss options. Often we can offer alternates to members once we gather further information.

In summary, this is not the beginning of the end of the scheme, it is an expansion of the scheme which we all hope will provide flexibility and security we have not had in the past.

Our toll free no is 1800633 745 should any one wish to discuss.

If you wish to contact me, please send an email to ken@tcis.com.au, I may not get back into your chat site for some time.

Ray, if you are out there, please give Daniel a call.
Regards

Ken Bradey
Director - TCIS Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd.

Tel : 0418 807 934
Fax : 08 8278 8555
Web : www.tcis.com.au
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kev. - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 15:39

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 15:39
When i rang R.A.C.Q a couple of months ago they said they will cover a lift of 4" max. Not bad as most dont go further thab that !

I tell you what , dont loose your licence (even if renewed now) because all insurance companies will kick you in the ass !!! trust me , i know!
AnswerID: 16260

Reply By: Member - Raymond - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 16:09

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 16:09
Hi Truckster and the group
I have spoken to Ken Bradey at TCIS and my policy is being reaccessed. Ken is an avid off roader with a great Toyota and tows a camper trailer. He was extrememly helpful and part of the problem is to what constituted a lift. In my case the suspension upgrade was not for lift but to carry the weight of the camper.
Ken explained that that makes a difference to who will accept and cover the vehicle. I have rang quite a few Insurance companies and most would not cover the lift and many had restrictions to were the vehicle could go, such as would not be covered if driven on Station Tracks in out back Oz, several would not even let my 21 + 23 back the vehicle out of the drive way to get to their cars, no cover at all.
Ken at least has been helpful and understands the problems us 4WDers have.
Ray
AnswerID: 16265

Sponsored Links