Holland Track

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 10:51
ThreadID: 4240 Views:1891 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

We've just made a spur of the moment decision to do the Holland Track over Easter. We'll be using Western 4WDrivers booklet "Explore the Holland Track & Cave Hill Woodlines" as our reference as it contains up-to-date trip notes, waypoints, historical references and attractions.

We've got 10 days all up so that should give us plenty of time to do the track, poke around the Cave Hill woodlines and some other sites around the goldfields before heading home.

We'll be towing a well set-up offroad campertrailer and have 2 spares between car and trailer and can take a 3rd if required. We have plenty of fuel and water supplies.

I would like to hear from anyone who has done the Holland Track. Just how remote is it? I expect we'll meet some traffic at this time off year. Is the Broomehill to Hyden section via the John Holland Way worth doing?

Also, if anyone else is heading that way and would like to meet up for the Hooland Track section, please let me know.

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &

Camprite TL8 offroad camper
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Errol (WA) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 14:56

Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 14:56
When are you leaving Melissa ? We are leaving York on the 13th , but need to be back in York by Easter saterday . Westeren 4WHEEL DRIVER grope will be out there as well , leaving on the 3rd i think . I rearly dont want to be out there over easter , as to many idiots go out then and fly over it in 4 days ( from Perth ) and realy dont see anything .ERROLWhy go overseas when you can Exploroz

ERROL
AnswerID: 16969

Reply By: Member - Peter (WA) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 18:17

Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 18:17
as I understand Nick and Ray will be out there from the 8th they are both VKS 737 members so you should be able to get track conditions update I would assume that will be listening to the evening Perth sked for weather so try them then if need arises .Have a look at the mount Palmer trip in the Western 4wd mag (weekends away) if you have time you could do this trip on the way home , as we are (there is a change to the origional trip notes see back issue for updates . Have a safe trip and keep the shinny side up.Born to drive a 4x4 , not a keyboard

Peter York 4x4

AnswerID: 16986

Follow Up By: Member - Peter (WA) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 18:23

Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 18:23
PS : the York group will be operating on UHF channel 10 our VKS737 numbers are Peter whiskey 4501 ,Errol whiskey 302 .The group from western 4ed are on UHF channel 18 . If you have any ploblems dont hesertate to give us a call .Born to drive a 4x4 , not a keyboard

Peter York 4x4

FollowupID: 10591

Reply By: Member - Terry- Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 20:32

Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 20:32
The campfire escapes / western 4wdriver tour of the Holland track on the 8th of April is not going ahead . (unfortunatley)

Terry
AnswerID: 16993

Follow Up By: Member - Peter (WA) - Monday, Apr 07, 2003 at 09:03

Monday, Apr 07, 2003 at 09:03
If you were booked on that and missed out ,we are leaving York on sunday the 13th ,anyone is welcome to tag a long ,we are 5 vehicals at the moment Born to drive a 4x4 , not a keyboard

Peter York 4x4

FollowupID: 10615

Sponsored Links