3 Way Fridges- Question for Scott

Submitted: Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 15:23
ThreadID: 4391 Views:1597 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Scott, On a previous thread you mentioned that your tour company uses 3 way Electrolux fridges mounted in a touring trailer. Could you advise if you mean the upright, front door opening type or the top opening models ie the type sold in camping stores.
With these units having to be perfectly level in order to operate correctly how do you acheive this in a trailer mounted situation. Thanks in advance. Regards Mark
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Scott - Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 18:12

Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 18:12
Upright and the model we use is a RM2553 if my memory is reliable.
We always disconnect the trailer when we stop and have those heavy duty nylon ramps you buy to level caravans. They work well and have T level bubbles fitted to the trailer. We have fitted a hydraulic adjustable height hitch on the buses and the trailers are reasonably level while travelling.

I know another remote area bus operator that does 30 day trips across northern Australia and parks up for 3 to 5 days at a time that uses the Electrolux Chescold chest fridges on gas with no problems. His new tour outfit will be fitted with solar panels and Evakool fridges not because the three way fridges do not work well, it is carrying the gas bottles and getting them filled.
AnswerID: 17601

Follow Up By: Flash - Sunday, Apr 20, 2003 at 22:01

Sunday, Apr 20, 2003 at 22:01
What's your company Scott- as you lost the plot mate!!!!
I hope I never get into an arguement with you as you have serious problems if you are the "Scott" in other posts!!!!!
My real name is Scott too, but now I will be worried about admiting that to anybody!!!!
You need help
(If you are not THE "Scott" I apologize!!!)
FollowupID: 11286

Sponsored Links