just a bit more on the GQ

Submitted: Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 23:03
ThreadID: 4399 Views:1383 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
About a week ago i posted a question in regaurds to getting my first 4wd it seems the Patrol GQ is what im looking for so thanks for the info there guys it was a big help . My next question is now that iv decided what i want what are some basic things to look out for when buying one ie what are some common problems i may encounter or things to look out for whilst im checking one over. Any info is always appriciated thanks COREY
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Apr 15, 2003 at 08:18

Tuesday, Apr 15, 2003 at 08:18
Search the archives, there was a good thread 202 times before, lots of different things.
AnswerID: 17637

Reply By: tristjo - Tuesday, Apr 15, 2003 at 13:28

Tuesday, Apr 15, 2003 at 13:28
Here's a few things i would check. The power steering pumps sometimes leak, and may require attention. Rear axle oil seals are a fairly common job on a GQ with more than 130k on it, but are not that expensive. Brake callipers, usually the rears, sometimes cease, but once again, not overly expensive. Check for signs of rust in the very rear side windows, they usually look bulged or deformed, and and crunch when you push on them if the are rusted. Other than that, check all your usuals in a fourby, like underbody damage, especially to the drivetrain componentry, sill damage and the like, as this could indicate previous heavy duty offroad use, which if done properly, will not at all harm a GQ, but not everyone has brains! All in all, though, if you take it to your local fourby workshop, they will have seen a million GQ's, and therfore should be able to tell you in an instant weather anythings a bit iffy.
Hope this has helped.
AnswerID: 17664

Sponsored Links