Atom Exec PDA's Software

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 04, 2007 at 20:32
ThreadID: 43996 Views:1676 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The content topics in this forum never cease to amaze me! So here goes on one that I need help on. Can anyone give me advice on where and how to get software so I can install on my atom to view video/movies? Do my videofiles taken on my dig camera have to then be converted before I can view them on the pda? Also has anyone installed GPS software on one of these PDA's and if so please give your wisdom? Recommendations very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Geoff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Coolman - Thursday, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:43

Thursday, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:43
Hi,

I have the imate Jamin but pretty much the same as the Atom. Both use Windows Mobile 5.

Just make the movie in a smaller format. MS Move Maker has a Pocket PC format you can select and then just copy the file across. Some more details here.
Site Link

On the GPS Software I use OziExplorer for offroad and Tom Tom for Turn by Turn Nav around the city. Both products work well. I use a Bluetooth GPS which works well and no cables, cost about $150 for the GPS, $30 for OziExplorer CE, and Tom Tom you would need to check.

Duane
AnswerID: 231793

Reply By: TerraFirma - Thursday, Apr 05, 2007 at 13:13

Thursday, Apr 05, 2007 at 13:13
Use Windows Movie Maker, plug your video camera into the PC and capture the video into movie maker. You will need to connect your camera via a USB or Firewire port . Movie Maker should sense this automatically and ask you if you want to capture video automatically or manually. You can then add effects , play with it yourself or just do an ÄUTO"movie. The trick after this is to save the project to the Pocket PC format (Windows Mobile) and then copy the file onto your SD card in the Atom.

AnswerID: 231807

Reply By: Emo - Thursday, Apr 05, 2007 at 13:26

Thursday, Apr 05, 2007 at 13:26
Both of these are pretty good and free.

Site Link

www.freewareppc.com/multimedia/tcpmp.shtml

AnswerID: 231811

Sponsored Links