80 Series sills filling with water??

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 05, 2007 at 15:09
ThreadID: 46310 Views:2694 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I have a '94 80 Series GXL and for a long time I thought the windscreen was leaking or something coz the passenger side front carpet gets wet after rain. I just found out that the water is coming in from the passenger side sill (bit between the bottom of the door and the side step). I had a look for some bungs to release the water but what I found were these black plasticy things that look more like some sort of clip than rubber bung. Where is the drain hole for this section so I can clear it out? help!

Cheers
Scoey!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 05, 2007 at 16:35

Tuesday, Jun 05, 2007 at 16:35
Scoey,
I had a major problem with a leaking windscreen and the water ended up in sill on passenger side.
Nearly sent me crazy and broke trying to get it fixed. but i won out in the end.

Check this thread out fir the story

There are from memory 3 plugs under sill and I removed the one at the back so the water ran out as I travelled.
Also took the bung out in floor to try and keep carpet dry.
I am at the Gold Coast if that is handy to you.

Pedro

AnswerID: 244932

Follow Up By: Scoey (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 05, 2007 at 16:58

Tuesday, Jun 05, 2007 at 16:58
G'Day Peter,

Thanks for the post link - handy info! I'll try removing the bungs (well the one under the carpet stays out usually) and see how that goes. I just figured that there's gotta be a normal drain point for it? I'm up on the northside of Brissy but thanks anyway!

Cheers
Scoey!
FollowupID: 505999

Reply By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 05, 2007 at 19:14

Tuesday, Jun 05, 2007 at 19:14
Scoey,
Important thing is to stop it leaking in the first place.

As I said in thread i mentioned, putting the sealant under the rubber along top of windscreen is what did the trick.

It used to pool in the bottom left hand side of windscreen, and no doubt found its way in through the left hand side of windscreen, as well, on its way to the bottom.

Mine was a 1994 model as well.

Good luck

Pedro
AnswerID: 244977

Reply By: ian - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2007 at 00:09

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2007 at 00:09
Scoey
I have a 94 also. New windscreen rubber stopped it for a while, but its started again.
Comes through the screen and pools in the gutter on the floor, near the door, front LHS
You have to sort out your windscreen.
Drives me mad.
ian
AnswerID: 245039

Follow Up By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2007 at 02:50

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2007 at 02:50
Ian,
Check that sealant is under rubber at top of windscreen on the outside.

Might sound stupid but water does run up hill on a 94 80 series, and needs to be blocked.

Pedro
FollowupID: 506136

Sponsored Links