How to use the archive

Submitted: Friday, Jun 22, 2007 at 18:32
ThreadID: 46976 Views:1491 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Sorry folks, but this old timer still trying to learn how to get the most out of this great site including the archive file so that I don't have to annoy you all with asking about previously asked & answered questions.
When you select "search" on the top tool bar, all the topics are pre "ticked" except Archive. Why? & should you de activate the ticks you don't want & just tick the archive box?
I'am sort of getting to know how to use it a bit, but what is meant by "page not yet indexed" & what does "URL" mean before the bizzo bit you click onto to open the thingo up.
It's probabley simple, a bit like telling a kid how to ride a pushbike, or a friend how easy it is to find your way to a destination, But if you don't know "how to" then its not easy!!
Thanks a million if you can take the time to help & have a great weekend.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Banjo (WA) - Friday, Jun 22, 2007 at 20:02

Friday, Jun 22, 2007 at 20:02
Barry

I'm not sure about the 'Search' in the top right, but if you go to the Search facility just above the threads on the left side (under 'Forum') you should be OK.
A search there throws up current and archived threads.
The difference is that current threads can be reponded to, but not the archived info.
Regards
Banjo (WA)
AnswerID: 248527

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Jun 22, 2007 at 20:15

Friday, Jun 22, 2007 at 20:15
Barry

I just go to the Search box and type in what I want and click Go.

The other day I was looking for something I had posted about a year ago and typed in various combinations of words. Not one came up with the right answer. So I typed my name in and searched 4700 threads with either my post or getting a mention. No, I did not find the particular thread. Maybe it was removed(which I had hoped for...lol)

I really need a life...lol

Cheers
AnswerID: 248530

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Jun 22, 2007 at 20:23

Friday, Jun 22, 2007 at 20:23
Barry,

The Search in the menu is a full site search - there is a specific forum search that will scan both active and archive and is on the main forum index page. So click on Forum in the menu and on the screen that opens up there will be search boxes with dates etc - try this area....
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 248533

Sponsored Links