Lead addative for ULP

Submitted: Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 23:01
ThreadID: 4714 Views:1293 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys, I have a question for you. Is there currently available in Austrailia, an addative that will permit you to use unleaded fuel in a leaded motor?? If there is, could you use it with the high octane fuels, such as Optimax and Ultimate, and would these fuels have the same benifits in a leaded motor as they would in an unleaded motor??? This has been bugging me for ages, and no one has been able to shed any light so far, so i thought i'd go to the ever reliable forum.

Thanks for your help.
Tristjo.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Old Jack - Sunday, May 04, 2003 at 18:34

Sunday, May 04, 2003 at 18:34
yes there is a upper cylinder head lubricant call "valve master", it is used in the normal lead replacement pertrol (LRP) recommended that worked motors, high duty(towing etc.) that you add extra to the tank. go to any shell servo & they will have it, if you have a High compression engine use the optimax + the correct dose of addative for the duty your motor is being used for & you cant go wrong. on the other hand if it's running ok on LRP (not Pinging etc.) it could be a waste of money.
most 4WD use lower compression engines to start with so upping the octane by using 96-98 fuel makes very little differance.
AnswerID: 19103

Reply By: Member - Richard- Monday, May 05, 2003 at 09:09

Monday, May 05, 2003 at 09:09
I use Valvemaster in my beloved 350SL Mercedes (with the higher octane fuels). I buy it from my local Mobil dealer in 250 ml bottles that have a very handy measure and dispenser in the top of the bottle. Because the car has a reasonably high compression ratio the higher octane fuel suits the engine better.

Regards
AnswerID: 19142

Sponsored Links