oziexporer soft wear

Submitted: Friday, May 09, 2003 at 20:10
ThreadID: 4814 Views:4146 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Is it possible to transfer oziexplorer soft wear from one lap top to another? Because we have up dated to a new lap top Toshiba and would like to transfer the soft wear. I have already paid and don't really want to pay again.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: William - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 20:19

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 20:19
Yes you can and there is a listserver at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OziUsers-L
to ask questions or e-mail info@oziexplorer.com
AnswerID: 19535

Reply By: Ray M (Vic) - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 20:31

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 20:31
No problems. Go ahead and install it on the new laptop.Hooroo
AnswerID: 19537

Follow Up By: theratt - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 22:35

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 22:35
ok but how do you get all the files from one computer to another as
i am not sure where all the files ect are, the original was loaded some time ago 2-3 years
FollowupID: 12358

Reply By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 23:17

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 23:17
theratt

if you installed it to the default directory/folder, all you need to backup is everything in the c:\oziexplorer directory/folder.

You can then install OziExplorer onto the new laptop and once you have installed it, simply just copy every file in the c:\oziexplorer directory/folder on the old laptop to the c:\oziexplorer directory/folder on the new laptop. You should be able to safely overwrite the files and any additional files will be copied across aswell.

cheers,
Sam.
AnswerID: 19552

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 23:43

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 23:43
I think he is saying he doesnt have the original CD or Disks to install from.....
FollowupID: 12366

Follow Up By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 00:19

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 00:19
If thats the case. Best thing to do would be to download the trial version off the web site www.oziexplorer.com, install it. And then just copy the directory from the old laptop over as I outlined earlier. The registration details are stored in the oziexp.reg file in the c:\oziexplorer directory/folder. So after installing the trial, copying over the registered version should re-apply the registration details making it legit and fully operational without any registration nags. It may even work by simply copying the directory, but there are some registry keys that it may require. Installing the trial version first will ensure these keys are created.

Hope this helps

cheers,
Sam.
FollowupID: 12368

Follow Up By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 00:26

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 00:26
Just in addition to the above. I have not tried this as I have the CD. So there is a chance that it may not work. All i have noticed is that the oziexp.reg file is created once I have entered the registration details (this is for both OziExplorer and OziExplorer3D - the 3D version creates a oziexp3d.reg file) . I am unsure if this then points to another key hidden somewhere in the registry or not. This is also highly possible to aid with securing the program and to stop it being readily re-distributed illegally.
FollowupID: 12369

Reply By: Member - Topcat - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 00:18

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 00:18
Hi Theratt,
if it is the case where you no longer have the software to
re-install the programme on to the new laptop, & iff both your old & new laptops have network facilities then they can be setup to transfer the oziexplorer directory across to the new laptop.
Otherwise you will need to copy the directory on to a cd (if you have the hardware & software to do this) & copy the files off the cd.
The two sub directories in the oziexplorer program that have all the necessary info to be copied across to an already installed program are the 'Data' & 'Maps' directories. These two contain all the info that would have been added to the program by yourself unless you have renamed or saved your maps, waypoint & route history to other sub directories made by you. If so just copy them across also. Hope this helps solve the problem.
Have Wheels Will Travel
AnswerID: 19558

Reply By: Member - Bob - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 14:20

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 14:20
theratt, just re-install. If you have lost your registration key I am sure Des will send it to you again so you can activate your copy.
AnswerID: 19584

Sponsored Links