Troopie exhaust

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 25, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 485 Views:1527 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Have 1HZ motor naturally aspirated, and the exhaust system seems to be restrictive.

Can someone recommend another exhaust system which works better than the OEM one?
I had a suggestion of a 2 1/2 inch sports exhaust mated to exhaust extractors.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve Campbell - Friday, Oct 26, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Oct 26, 2001 at 00:00
I have a 1HZ Troopie and previously had a 2F 60 Series. I put a 2.5 inch exhaust system in the 60 series with Genie extractors. Made a difference but wasn't huge. Plus more noise.

The difference in power between the 2H in the 60 series and the 1HZ is large enough that I'm not going to worry, but they do make a difference.
AnswerID: 1279

Reply By: Peter Gordon - Wednesday, Oct 31, 2001 at 01:00

Wednesday, Oct 31, 2001 at 01:00
Gary, a free flowing exhaust will only work as well as the rest of the engine allows, free flowing (clean)air filter, fuel pump settings etc. Extractors and larger diameter pipe will always improve performance to some extent. I found a website the advertises "super mufflers" supposed to increase fuel economy and performance. The site seems to say all the right things, but I will leave that decision up to you. If you go down this road let me know the results. The web address is www.nutech2000.com.au/prod10.htm. Hope this helps, Peter
AnswerID: 1313

Sponsored Links