Tempretures for South WA in July

Submitted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 15:23
ThreadID: 4963 Views:1714 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I am heading off in July from NSW to tour the W.A. Coast, Kimberlies, NT and back via Ayres Rock etc. Have a nearly 4 months to do this. In our rough plans we are looking at going from Esperance to Margaret River to Perth. However, being winter, in off road campers we are concerned about the temperatures in that area in July, as wether windy and cold. We will be staying to coastal areas us much as possible.
At this stage we have 3 familys with kids down to 18 months old travelling. If to cold will just shorten this part of trip and head north. Just looking for some feedback please.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter (WA) - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 16:17

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 16:17
Bring yor longjohns ,see bushtrax.com site for some good off road trips in that area ,if not to wet try to get into the Moores hut trip (you can camp at the hut and also use it if weather turns bad,only a couple of km to the beach) and out to fish creek for a day drive at least (fish creek is on the Moores hut trip).Pemberton caravan park is a top spot in that erea they will let you have a campfire on the back sites ,a great spot for the kids only a short walk at the rear of the park to old steam trains.Hope this helps Born to drive a 4x4 , not a keyboard
Peter York 4x4
AnswerID: 20311

Follow Up By: Member - Dave - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 21:49

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 21:49
Peter,

Had a look at the sight and has been useful. Have downloaded info to give to the others travelling with so we have somethig to discuss.

Thanks
FollowupID: 13244

Reply By: Andrew - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 21:40

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 21:40
Dave

I live in a small town between Esperance and Margret River. Nothing to see where I am unless you like wheat and sheep...but we've done plenty of travelling around the south west and can give you some good info that may save you some time and effort.

Regardless of the weather, I suggest you still put the south on your agenda because there are some beautiful spots. Shame to come all this way and not see them.

If want to, I am happy to give you my email address and fill you in.
You can even drop in via my place on your travels. I am heading over to the eastern states commencing late Sept on a 4 month trip too, so you can point me in the right direction.

Anyway, let me know. I can always just give you a run down on the forum if you wish.

cheers
AnswerID: 20331

Follow Up By: Member - Dave- Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 22:03

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 22:03
Andrew,

Sounds good. All the info the better. My email is davekay@dodo. com.au (been told to break address to stop adverts being sent, don;t know if true or not, so just delete the spaces.) Might be safe on this site anyway.

As to your trip will help where I can. I am leaving on 4 July and not back till late October so will have to help you before then. Let us know your general plans and might recommend some places. I currently live near Canberra but lived on south coast (Ulladulla ) and Central Coast (The Entrance).

Dave
FollowupID: 13247

Reply By: Chris from North West Camper Trailers Hire & Sales - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 23:08

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 23:08
One place that really sits in out memories of travelling down southern W.A. was staying at Shannon NP, beautifull campsite with hot water showers, great for the winter stays and make sure you go up Caves road from Albany to Margaret river.
The NP around Esperance are amazing though winter is probly not the best time for coastal spots with the littlies.
Keep in touch if you want any help with the northern part.

Chris
Karratha
AnswerID: 20489

Follow Up By: Member - Dave - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 21:46

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 21:46
Chris,

going to have to get a better map of the southern end of WA. I eventually found Shannon Nat. Park, but apart from finding the name of, no info. Also same with Caves Rd? Need to find further info and to keep in touch, same with up north, only real schedule set is to be in Broome by 7 August so mate can get his mother in law off plane. Only other date set is the one to put her back on a plane in Darwin.

Travelling to Central Coast NSW in 2 weeks to met up with others and discuss details better.

Thanks.
FollowupID: 13242

Reply By: Chris from North West Camper Trailers Hire & Sales - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 21:50

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 21:50
Dave if you want to send me an email I will send back some info and contact details for you, even if you just want a contact on the way around.

Chris
nwcths@westnet.com.au
Karratha
AnswerID: 20620

Sponsored Links