Patrol 2.8td with arb duel batteries.

Submitted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 19:39
ThreadID: 5140 Views:1905 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Guday, I have a patrol with arb's duel battery system installed. After trying to remove the air filter for inspection, for the first time after the second battery was installed, I found I was unable to remove the filter as the battery tray is in the road. The only way I can see to do it is remove hose clamps and remove air tube of the air cleaner assembly, as oposed to undoing the three screws and removing filter. I would have just done this except i had great trouble trying to remove hose. What do other people do with this setup? 96 gq 2.8td . P.S - I have an airtek snorkel so I know that changed the position of the 2nd battery tray. Thanks. Andrew..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Empty - Wednesday, May 28, 2003 at 07:55

Wednesday, May 28, 2003 at 07:55
Andrew

I'd go back to ARB and SREAM very loudly. Checking and replacing the air filter element is pretty basic maintenance that you should be able to perform without any hassles.

I had ARb fit a Safari snorkel to my Disco the other week. At the time they tried to talk me into getting them to put in the dual battery at the same time saying that I wouldn't be able to put one in after the snorkel was in place. I considered this to be bunkum!

Once the snorkel was installed I was left with a certain amount of space for the second battery. I simply designed the dual abttery system around this remaining space and was able to source a battery that would fit without impeding on the air cleaner box and did the full install myself.

I think they work with what they have on the shelf and don't think to much about the minor details such as "will the owner be able to check his air cleaner"!!

There is a lot to be said for doing it yourself.
Good Luck
AnswerID: 21266

Sponsored Links