O/T: Removing Hi Vis Spray Paint - UPDATE

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 18:16
ThreadID: 51964 Views:4182 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Well it has been an interesting day

How did you spend yours?

I spent mine in the Bunnings paint section

I spent the first few hours reading every set of 'how to use', 'where to use' and 'where not to use' instructions on about a zillion cans, bottles, tins, containers in Bunnings.

I spent so long there that other customers must have thought I worked there as they kept on coming up to ask me paint application advice.

Hey and you know what the silly part of it was? by the end of the day I WAS giving them advice :-) :-) I reckon I knew about the same as the hard working youngsters that Bunnings employ ( no offence aimed at my fellow 'team members' :-))

Well after about 2 hours I walked out with:
1lt Meths
1lt Kero
1 can slicone spray
1 bottle IPA
1 can WD40
1 can Graffiti Remover

And can report the following

Meths - no good - but will add to the Bacardi tonight
Kero - no good - but it did improve the gloss of the rest of the boat
Silicone - partial success - will use to lubricate garage door and other ' unmentionable' areas
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/KiwiAngler/Nissan%20GU4/cleanboatsilicone.jpg
WD40 - partial success - will put with the other 2 cans that I couldn't find in the 4x4 this morning but as soon as I got home from Bunnings they 'miraculously' appeared in the tool kit
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/KiwiAngler/Nissan%20GU4/cleanboatWD40.jpg

But the champion of them all was????

wait for it!!

wait for it!!!

da dahhhhh!!!! - drum roll, strobe lights and LOTS of streamers and party hats

Graffiti Remover - amazing stuff - took it straight off
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/KiwiAngler/Nissan%20GU4/cleanboatgraffremover.jpg
yeah sure it also took the paint off one of the graphics stuck on the side too - but small price to pay to get rid of the poofter pink

thanks for all your help and I can only say if you get into a similar situation (hardly likely that you will) try Graffiti Remover

NOTE: typed by KiwiAngler, spoken by KiwiAngler Wagga Wagga NSW, not affiliated to with or for Graffiti Remover, its subsidiaries, family or company

This is not a paid advert for Ggraffit Remover - although I reckon I have single handedly given Bunnings enough money today to enable them to make budget this month :-))

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - RFLundgren (WA) - Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 18:22

Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 18:22
I sure know the feeling of going to Bunnings. Whenever I get sent down there just to pick up a couple fo screws or something, the phone will ring and I need an A4 sheet of paper to write her "list" down, which of couse SHMBO did not mention before I left.

Bunnings just frustrates me because I can never find what I am looking for, no matter how damn hard I look. Maybe I am getting old or something, but my day is usually much better if I dont have to fight my way through the Bunnings ailes.

Cheers

Richard

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 273638

Follow Up By: disco driver - Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 18:41

Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 18:41
Yeah, I know the feeling but it's infinitely better than being dragged round being asked "What do I look like in this, does it make my bum/boobs look too big"?
No matter what you answer, it will be wrong........so stop complaining about being lost in Bunnings. Relax and enjoy the experience.

Disco.
FollowupID: 537035

Follow Up By: Oldsquizzy (Kununurra) - Tuesday, Nov 27, 2007 at 07:13

Tuesday, Nov 27, 2007 at 07:13
Just tell her if she waits a few more years you can compare them side by side...Doubt she will ever ask again....grin
FollowupID: 537245

Reply By: age - Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 18:43

Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 18:43
Kiwiangler

That is great news and I will get some for the toolbox myself tomorrow

Ouch that silicone spray was expensive (from your photo)

Top boat cover as well

Cheers

A
AnswerID: 273641

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 18:56

Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 18:56
geeze you guys are tough - you must have zoomed into that pic to get that detail " :-) :-)

Note to myself - never , ever post a pic on Exploroz without checking background first - heheheheh

Actually it reminds me of work - because we are a very safety conscious company when ever anyone takes a pic of any if the processes the FIRST thing they do is check the depth of field to ensure that all company policies and procedures are being followed because if not you can guarantee that within seconds of the pic being posted someone will come back with ' ahh but your guys aren't wearing the correct grade hearing protection etc etc " - hehehhe
FollowupID: 537037

Follow Up By: Member - Tim - Stratford (VIC) - Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 19:51

Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 19:51
Kiwi,

I always check the backgrounds of posted photos after receiving an email with photo attached. It was taken off the US ebay - bloke selling a vase or something - problem was he was standing in the view of a mirror and naked! Doh!

Tim
FollowupID: 537051

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 21:02

Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 21:02
Tim, did the guy get a better price for "that" particular photo and what else may have been on offer?
FollowupID: 537073

Follow Up By: Member - Tim - Stratford (VIC) - Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 22:14

Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 22:14
JohnR,

"No comment" - and, no, I don't have another vase for sale!!!!

;-)

Tim
FollowupID: 537089

Reply By: age - Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 20:44

Sunday, Nov 25, 2007 at 20:44
Kiwiangler

Here is the original Ausfish WD40 thread I referred to in my first reply - not convinced on some of its uses but yyou never know. The alloy wheel cleaner one sounds ok.

WD40

Cheers

A
AnswerID: 273662

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Nov 26, 2007 at 20:51

Monday, Nov 26, 2007 at 20:51
Images

Hmmm the silicone pic wont work cest la vie
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 273786