'Worst car ever'? (W A residents don't read)

Submitted: Friday, Jan 04, 2008 at 23:15
ThreadID: 53119 Views:2949 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
This was part of the response when people were asked the question.

The worst, just the VERY worst was the Howard Rambler.
Its looks were horrible with hooded headlights, it was narrow and stodgy-looking. The Howard had dodgy reliability and tended to follow American models around everywhere. It had an in-biult steering problem that kept it always veering to the right. Itwas sold in the Middle East and turned out to be a real bomb over there.
Just the worst. But somehow, people kept buying it, and it was never recalled on account of all its faults. Like many others mentioned in this blog, the Howard proved that you can sell anything to the masses. Hmmmmm!!!!!!!
Posted by: Mayflower |

I fell for a Howard when they fisrt came on the market but have regretted it. Its looks soon dated and the bloody thing would only start with plenty of notice and hand cranking! Credit where it is due though .....it was good in the Bush. The Yanks pretended to like it but were sus about the light weight. Many people used to fall about laughing at the exhaust noises and commentators still carry on about its unreliabilty. The working class hated the Howard because it always let them down but serves them right for having fallen for the misleading advertising.
Posted by: Janette |

Dear Janette,
You can talk to us, Pet, we understand. The problem with you Howard Rambler was that although it wasn't unleashed on the market until 1996, it was designed in the 1950's. That explains the sloppy handling. If you take advice, Pet, consign the butter box Howard Rambler to history and get youself a modern sporting model. You might consider burning the midnight oil and seeking out a more eco-friendly job. Or get a single seater that runs on batteries, a ute model?
if you go down that rout, watch out for high speed vibration!
Posted by: Mayflower |

OOOOaaaahhh you are SOOooo nasty picking on the brave Aussie workers who slave away to build their Aussie mates just the best. John tells me that's the Aussie way, and that his father and grandfather fought gallantly on faraway beaches and in jungles and in trenches and hills and oceans and in the skies and in the dessert and Newcastle and Mount Keira and Narellan and Burma and............just to be free to build the best...Kingswood, Torans, Commodore, P76, Marina. Nothing is too good for us Australians and I wont have you bad mouthing our gallant workers. I was only saying to John last night that if it is true what they say on this blog he must find out who they are and lock them up with all those funny people from I don't know where that shouldn't be here and only deserve Toranas and Kingswoods and Commodores and P76's and all that. john said don't you worry about that, love, I'm the best friend the Aussie worker ever had and those wonderful chaps can go and talk to their bosses and get themselves more pay and more holidays and more time with the wife and kids and more super and early retirement and all those things that your best mate would do for you. Any way, John, the naughty boy, got that faraway look while he was telling me all this and I gave up all hope of pulling up the nighty when the light went out. I don't know where he goes in his head like this....maybe he never had the Kingswood of his dreams, but I've been a good wife,and...........................................................................................................................................................................
Posted by: Janette |

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: goldiedingdangdo - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 00:04

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 00:04
Clever Janette,
Always a wife behind a great man.
AnswerID: 279852

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 07:42

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 07:42
Wigger
What did Lois Lane drive.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 279868

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 13:11

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 13:11
Doug,

I think he is struggling to find the answer

From WIHBT she drove a 1951 Rambler Custom Landau (Convertible) in the Superman TV series (1953) :))

But I still can't find anything on a Howard Rambler maybe it was an invisible car from another TV series.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 544094

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 14:43

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 14:43
Kev
Your a bloody wizzard, I thought that would have had everyone stuffed for the 12 months...good onya.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 544117

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 08:31

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 08:31
Bloody hell I thought this weas about cars, I am sitting thinking I cant remember a car maker called Howard, thought it was some US thing. Ya got me hahahahaha
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 279876

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 08:44

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 08:44
Bonz
I have over 45,000 photo's of cars , been collecting since 1998 and never heard of it

Wigger
Do some research and find out

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 544054

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 13:25

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 13:25
'Worst car ever' - it's at Macquarie Bank.

AnswerID: 279922

Follow Up By: dazza0503 - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 14:15

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 14:15
Super seeded by a Morris unfortunately

Dazza
FollowupID: 544107

Sponsored Links