Staying in Touch when Travelling Feedback

Hi, I have been directed to this websight by your agent in Australia. I am trying to find out information about a 'booster' for my new g phone and internet via a next g turbo card . Can you steer me in the right direction please..... Alan murgatroyd
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mike Harding - Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 18:36

Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 18:36
You sound like a POM Bruce!? :)

Australia is a _huge_ place - bigger even than Birmingham!

Mobile phones are a waste of time outside the metropolitan areas (and country towns) although the main roads between them usually have coverage. Basically, if you want comms. in the bush in Oz it's either HF radio or satellite phone.

Mike Harding
AnswerID: 280316

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 18:38

Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 18:38
PS. Tell us what you want to do and we'll try to advise.
FollowupID: 544518

Reply By: Notso - Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 19:07

Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 19:07
I would have a chat to Telstra Australia about it, but a Next G phone and a Next G Card will give you comms in most towns over 500 people around Aus.

You can use your Next G Phone for internet access as well and it may be just as good as a solution for you. Especially if you get a phone that accepts and external antenna.

There are some very large distances travelling that you won't have any comms at all. Except as pointed out above.

So it really depends on where you are going etc.

AnswerID: 280325

Reply By: Neil & Pauline - Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 20:45

Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 20:45
I have been round Australia for a couple of years and there are areas that don't have coverage but with a car kit and external aerial. A standard phone is a waste of time outside the main towns. The next g internet is the only way to go. I have fitted a full expertal car aerial and now can get coverage probably 40 klm closer to towns and relay stations than before.
As much as I despise the Telstra service (assistance) it is the only server to use if going away from main centres.

Neil
AnswerID: 280346

Sponsored Links