any other poor Freelander owners

Submitted: Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 22:23
ThreadID: 53229 Views:2108 Replies:1 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
LMAO.. this poor bloke got Landrovered.

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=129435

I will never own another Land Lubber.

Purchased second hand Freeloader2001 model two years ago, 45,000 km on the clock.

First the starter crapped itself, so we took it to Land A,holes, not the local rover bloke but "Land A,holes".

$850.00 later the starter has been replaced. Drive it home it wont start. So we pay to get it towed to "Land A,holes". Same mechanic say's "the computer is dead". But not before he mentions that he hotwired part of the computer to trick it because he couldn't get the new starter to work.

So I go to town on the hotwiring issue, result, "I" only have to pay
$ 250.00 for a new computer .

New computer gets fitted, land A,hole starts using coolant. back to "land Assh_le". Result, that will be $650.00 sir say's the so called mechanic, there is a plastic coolant line runniong under the valley, so we had to remove the manifold to replace it.

Vehicle still uses coolant like it's going out of fashion.

I take a look, the radiator only has 2 of it's four mounting bolts in place, and the solid state gizmo that controls the thermos no longer controls the thermos, they don't work. send to Ultra T for some assistance, they say " the head gasket is leaking, the last thing we want to do is pull this engine apart so we asked "Land A,holes" land a,holes said " we just put chemiweld in because we don't like to pull these engines apart".

I take another look, and find a few more missing fasteners and a leaking top radiator hose where it tees off to the heater hose just near the block.

So I undo the hose and pull it off, stuck inside the hose is half the piece of tee piece that the hose fits to. I pull it out to find it is seriouslt embrittled. I snap this piece into five pieces with my fingers.

Result, the wifes "land piece of crap" is grounded and we both go back to work this week

Where do I need to go to replace this piece of crap tee piece. That's right "Land Assh_les".

I bet it will cost a bloody fortune too.

In amongst all this crud, we ordered a new key with electronic fob thingy from "Land A,holes" 4 weeks and $125.00 later it arrives and wont work in the door or ignition, what do "Land effen A,holes" suggest, that we should pay a locksmith to alter the door and ignition locks to suit the new key

Just to top it off the "Land A,hole" mechanic suggests we should flog it before the AWD system carks it, then offers to get us a quote to sell it to his sales people

All this from a 5 1/2 year old car with less than 100,000 km on the clock.

Fug your land Assh_les I will never even contemplate buying another, they are not built anywhere near well enough. Pri_ks.

Rant over, thanks for reading

Cheers

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 22:28

Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 22:28
LOL and you wonder why the Top Gear crew did'nt use a Land/Range/whatever Rover in their Arctic trek hahahahaha

AnswerID: 280382

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 22:34

Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 22:34
I know theres other threads on them being lemons on here too!
FollowupID: 544603

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 23:18

Monday, Jan 07, 2008 at 23:18
Classic comeback in that thread

"I have to say anyone who buys a freeloader is asking for trouble, if you did any research at all you would have known to back away slowly then run, they are the ZD30 of Landrovers."
FollowupID: 544612

Follow Up By: Member - Axle - Tuesday, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:11

Tuesday, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:11
Truckster, at least you can get to the bottom of your driveway in a ZD30, before it blows up, Freelander won't make it out of the garage!!!! bloody crap things. Now the Deefers are a different thing...lol.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 544648

Follow Up By: Member - Axle - Tuesday, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:52

Tuesday, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:52
Gramps! Be nice!! :)))))).
FollowupID: 544658

Follow Up By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 19:06

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 19:06
Wenzeled,
Sitkowned,
....now Landrovered

Although I think the "Landrovered" may have come first