3 way fridge

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 08, 2008 at 15:20
ThreadID: 53248 Views:1709 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My 3 way fridge is finally fixed thanks to Cam There was soot over the jet and it now ignites ok. My problem is now that the freezer box is chilling ok on maximum but the rest of the fridge seems to be a little warm. Can you have the fridge re-gassed?

Cheers

Paul
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Yalgoo) - Tuesday, Jan 08, 2008 at 18:05

Tuesday, Jan 08, 2008 at 18:05
Is your gas bottle full?
mine would work ok on the first1/2 a bottle but then lose effeciency
AnswerID: 280492

Follow Up By: GerryP - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 00:10

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 00:10
It might pay to check the gas pressure to the fridge, just to be sure your flame is sufficient. From memory (it's marked on the data plate on the fridge) the gas pressure at the burner needs to be set to 11 inches water gauge. The easiest way to check this is to get some clear, 1/4 inch tubing and make a "u" tube about 12 inches high (attach to a piece of board to hold it in place) and fill the "u" about halfway with water. One end of the tube is open to atmosphere and the other slips over the little test point in the gas pipe just near the burner - it looks a bit like a grease nipple but has a screw in it, which you need to undo for testing.

When you turn the gas on, you will see the water move in the u-tube. Light the burner. Now measure the difference in height between the two levels in the u-tube (one side will move up while the other side will move down - you need the distance between the two new levels) - it should read 11 inches. If not, adjust the regulator at the bottle until it does. Most regulators have an adjusting screw under the cap above the diaphragm.

The flame should be a nice blue, perhaps with a slight yellow tip. If it's all yellow, then the gas pressure is probably incorrect or it's running too lean for some other reason.

Sorry about the imperial measurements - I'm sure you can convert if you need to.

One final word of caution, you are playing with a live gas system, so please be careful and turn off the gas until you are all connected and ready to test. Escaping gas and a lit pilot can create an interesting scenario!

Cheers
Gerry
FollowupID: 544777

Reply By: GerryP - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 00:11

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 00:11
Ooops, sorry, should have sent the above as a reply rather than a follow-up.
Gerry
AnswerID: 280547

Sponsored Links