TF Rodeo Water Leak

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 at 00:16
ThreadID: 53502 Views:4235 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just in case this helps other Rodeo owners the water leak I had on the passengers side originated from the first screw hole that holds the panel in front of the windscreen. To fix you need to remove the wipers and this panel. The screw hole closest to the passengers side is directly above the heater demister fan and water dripping down here which is apparently common is not good for the fan.
I smeared the plastic female fitting which the screw goes into to hold the left side of the wiper panel as well as the screw with silicone.
You as I was will be horrified to know the fan is not a serviceable item or at least I was told by two electricians so prevention is the best plan.
My fan would only work on high which turned out to be a blown heater resistor $110 genuine isuzu. I took the fan as I said to two electricians one who did load test it for me. Not the best of health apparently but a new one is not available for my 1994 so I have put it back and hope for the best.
Worth checking and sealing that screw even if yours isn't leaking yet.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: big fella - Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 at 05:26

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 at 05:26
I have had the same problem any you can get after market fans or maybe try the wreckers my last one from the wreckers was $175 big ones but according to my auto sparky the after market ones come with a hole drilled in the fan unit to allow for condensation to escape which is also a problem with these units

Regards Chef
AnswerID: 281683

Follow Up By: kwk56pt - Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 at 20:31

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 at 20:31
Have you been able to find a after market fan and where did you source this from. ?
FollowupID: 546178

Follow Up By: kwk56pt - Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 at 20:32

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 at 20:32
Have you been able to find a after market fan and where did you source this from. ?
FollowupID: 546179

Sponsored Links