Fraser Island Feedback

response to 'louie the fly ' post dated 12 Oct 07 12:01 :
Yes, I sat and watched the antics by o/s tourists in handling their 4WDs, while at Cathedral Beach last xmas, alot of dangerous actions, left me in wonderment as to how there weren't more serious injuries. Eg. Seen a girl, stopping a troppy on a slope, driver gets out without applying hand brake, door open, car rolls forward with people on roof top adjusting luggage, then driver runs after moving vehicle to try to jump in cabin again, to apply brake......? They didnt appear to be under the influence of mind altering substances, just naive and dumb...!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Louie the fly - Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:24

Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:24
jenko, I nearly ran over two German girls on a corner of an inland track. They had stopped the car around a bend and walked back to look at something. Good thing I was only traveling 25 or something. Would have taken them back and given serious mouth to mouth resuscitation but wife said let them be.

I think the 4WD hire companies need to accept some responsibility as well and educate the hirers to some extent, wherever they come from.

Still, they weren't bad enough to spoil the holiday.
AnswerID: 282055

Follow Up By: sjp - Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 21:13

Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 21:13
they do ,they pick up the wrecks and the broken down jobs ,but the deposits are over $ 2000 per car ,so the more deposits they collect the faster the pay off their heap of bleep e vehicles
FollowupID: 546643

Reply By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 21:57

Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 21:57
look for my post a few weeks back and look at what i ran into, so hear hear from me! If they can't drive or don't have the brains the best we can do as serious 4wd'ers is put them out of there misery!!!

Up at inskip and where i camped had like a heap of people get bogged including a weekend warior get bogged!
AnswerID: 282159

Reply By: Dave from P7OFFROAD Accredited Driver Training - Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 23:39

Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 23:39
There are just as many Australian Idiots on Fraser Isalnd as O/s ones.
AnswerID: 282184

Reply By: Member - Wayne B (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 19:24

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 19:24
Yep like the clown who decided to run Indian Head when I was dragging my van out today.

My wife in the cruiser ahead of me stopped and told a couple of drivers and they all said they would wait so I could get through the soft patch ( my thanks) , then some clown in a 80 series blasts past the line up yelling and carrying on, on the wrong side of the cutting which resulted in me having to move off my chosen path and I was already committed- WANKER and thanks for the kind word on the radio as well.

Wayne
AnswerID: 282546

Sponsored Links