Tunnel Vision !

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 07:40
ThreadID: 53646 Views:2383 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
What about the dick-head mate of mine !

Was in a hurry to get to the Airport,(Melb) to fly back to Karatha
( WA)

Had a bad case of Tunnel Vision ! and could not be told !

Topped up his 3.0 TD Navara Twin Cab with Unleaded, 60 lts went in, on top of the diesel, at the Twin Servo's, at the bottom of the Westgate Bridge..

More Tunnel Vision kicked in, when he realised what he had done, he was 1/2 way over the Westgate..

Was not stopping for anyone, even though SWMBO was screaming at him...

He did finally stop, somewhere on the " Ring Road " , when some sanity got into his tiny mind.
Rang his sister to come and get him, and take him the rest of the way,stuff the Mrs and Kid in the Navara..leave them

As he drove off,, the Mrs and Kid waved goodbye with one hand, and with the other formed the letter " L " with the other hand on their forheads,,, LOOSER ! and laughed their heads off

Well well , at least his Mrs is a Gem ,,, she seen the funny side of it.

RACV was called and drained everything, checked it out..
So far no Bang !
Guess it survived, ,, how ? I do not know ,,,

But I can bet one thing for sure,, he is gunna cop it when he gets home in another 8 weeks time ,,and I recon he will be on the "hand trolly" for a while yet !

Takes all types

Cheers
Bucky

ps ,, I sent him a SMS, 2 days back ,,, called him "Petrol" ,, funny thing, I got no reply

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Outnabout David (SA) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 07:52

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 07:52
Mate of mine did it recently. Reckons he had a 50/50 mix but not so sure about that. Did not realise until the main tank was empty and then switched over to the auxillary which had been almost empty then cough splutter!

Drained tanks filled up with diesel and everything running fine, he even reckons it is running a tad better...don't know about that either.

Anyway my mate wins the loser award because he figured he would keep the leftover"petrol" and put it in the wifes car .........well it is $1.40 per litre. Here car ran fine but after sitting for a few days guess the oil started to separate in the mix and the car did not want to go.

He has learnt the hard way now not to mess up the wife's car on the day that the wife has organised the shopping trip.

I have this funny suspicion he won' be 4wding for a while.

Now that is 'L" for loser stuff
AnswerID: 282416

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 08:34

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 08:34
hahahaha You never put that sort of stuff in your wifes car unless you are tempting fate
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 546925

Follow Up By: nowimnumberone - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 10:39

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 10:39
we had a cpl of customers recently at work filling there diesels with petrol.
me being a tight ass i thought about keeping all that precious petrol and put it in the jack knowing there could be trouble.
but being a bigger lazy ass i couldnt be bothered so it went down the drain(so to speak)
FollowupID: 546965

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 10:43

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 10:43
a full tank is around $150 maybe, a thrashing by SWMBO, be it verbal or herbal costs a whole lot more than that hahahah
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 546967

Reply By: Member - Kiwi Kia - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 10:38

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 10:38
Anyone noticed that a lot of service stations don't label the diesel pump so that you can see it from a distance. Pull into the servo and don't know which lane to get into because you can't identify which pump has diesel.
AnswerID: 282460

Follow Up By: Footloose - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 11:26

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 11:26
Yep, I keep moving around those servos to see the pump, only to usually find it's around the side or out the back.
FollowupID: 546978

Follow Up By: Member - Bucky (VIC) - Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 07:47

Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 07:47
When in doubt Laura, we just look for the fast fill Truck ones.

Cheers
Bucky
FollowupID: 547148

Sponsored Links