jayco freedom poptop trouble

hi,
wish to know if anyone else has had any trouble with their jayco freedom 2005. recently while on the road we had the unfortunate event of our front window covering being blown off from a truck passing. It has completely been ripped off and all that was left on the van was the hydraulic arms. I contacted jayco as it is not under warranty and was told by service dept that they have had other vans in with samefault on the van , we also know friends who have had same problem, van is not used a lot at all maybe we have used it 3 times tops for short stays, hasn't travelled far like some vans. Just want some feed back and advice as to what i could do as jayco in melb aren't responding to my calls or emails thanks all help appreciated
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: PradOz - Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 21:03

Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 21:03
try posting the question here -

caravan forum

if their service dept admits to others with same problem makes me think its a design fault in locking it down.
AnswerID: 282777

Reply By: TD100 - Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 21:06

Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 21:06
Hi there,

i know for a fact jayco are closed until tomorrow(21/1/08)as i am waiting to order a new window cover for our destiny which has discolored.our twist catches dont seem very secure either but it has not flown open to date.maybe an extra latch of some sort for extra security is reqd?cheers Paul
AnswerID: 282781

Sponsored Links