'06 Bravo + Steel Bullbar

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 09:30
ThreadID: 53772 Views:2001 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I own a '06 Bravo 4x4 T/D and am interested in a bullbar for my vehicle, in particular the TJM steel bar. The weight of a steel bar is around 60kg's versus about 25-30kg's for an alloy type, however they are about double the price. Will I encounter any front suspension issues with a steel bar? Is it to heavy? I may consider dual batteries at a later stage, but I'll probably fit it in the tray.

Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: snow - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 17:02

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 17:02
I am uncertain what the front suspension arrangement is on the Bravo but offer the following for a comparison;

Previous vehicle was an 03 TD D/C Navara which had a steel ARB winch bar from new. By 50, 000km front had sagged a little and nissan dealer insisted it was the extra weight of the steel bar and adjusted torsion bars. Also said t bars would need adjustment every 20,000 km due to the bar. I fitted a better set of shocks and never noticed a significant difference in height over the next 50,000km.

Present vehicle is an '07 TD D/C Triton. Have only just had the steel ARB bar fitted and believe I can feel the extra weight..maybe its psychologcal (??) but am still on standard shocks but will likely replace these with something heavier soon.

Probably not much help but a comparison for you if nothing else.
AnswerID: 283145

Reply By: Rudy - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 22:16

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 22:16
Thanks Snow, your thoughts are as I suspected.

Just to confirm, it does have a torsion bar set up.

I might have to bite the bullet and go for an alloy one. I'm already experiencing enough problems with the car & warranty, so I dont really want to compound the issue. If I get an alloy one, atleast it will have comparable weight to the dealer genuine Mazda bar.

If anyone else has any experience with a Bravo/Courier and bull bar feel free to add your opinion.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 283210

Sponsored Links