Travelling in WA

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 12:29
ThreadID: 53778 Views:1536 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hiya,
Going on a trip up the Wa coast, south to north and then NT. What is the best book or guide for camping spots, free ones as well as out of the way places where camping is permitted.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 13:01

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 13:01
tasman,

I would recommend these products for the areas you are interest in Priceless Camping Guides
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 283096

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 13:12

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 13:12
Or the pack of all three books now located at Priceless Campsites Pack WA & NT
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 547694

Reply By: Jolly - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 18:49

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 18:49
Hey guy's,

No disrespect to anyone but lets all keep our secret little camping spots that way..SECRET..I lhave lived in Broome for the last 20 years and have travelled/worked extensivley through the Kimberley, it really is dissapointing getting to spots that back then no one ever new about only now to find 30 cars, 20 caravans and half a dozen screaming generators running 24Hrs a day.
Im sure that anyone who travelled up the Gibb River Road 15-20 years ago and have recently travelled it again would agree with.
Maybe im being selfish, if it comes accross that way i will apoligise now, But doesn't it suck the way all our great roads, highways, tracks, rivers etc are becomming completely overcrowded and are not the "Big adventure" that they used to be.
And to all those people that write these books telling people where all the secret little spots are..I hope your chooks turn into emu's and kick your bleep house in.

Have fun,

Jolly
AnswerID: 283160

Follow Up By: tasman - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 19:05

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 19:05
Dear Jolly,

I agree but...Every day there are more people, myself included, that want to see the beauty of Australia. You can't blame anyone. I drove from London to Nepal in 1968, can't do that now. But we can drive around Australia and be free. That is something that is worth probably more than keeping secrets.
having said that I would feel honoured to meet up with you in Broome and you could tell me maybe one secret spot. Meanwhile in Tasmania, where I live, we are relatively full of secret spots.

Cheers
Tasman
FollowupID: 547754

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 22:10

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 22:10
Hi Jolly

I partially agree with keeping treasures secret - but how often do you go there? How do you know that others won't discover your spot the same was as you did? I willingly share recognised good free camp sites and these are usually listed in other publications. Special ones (usually because i don't know the legalities of overnighting there) i am more cagey about, and will share with friends by email, not open forum.

Hi Tasman

We usually find plenty of good overnighting opportunities to have to ourselves, but if we don't find anything good, we start looking through Camps Australia Wide. I also have the Priceless series. but bought them after travelling in WA. I found we had been to a few of these listings, even if just as a lunch stop.Well worth getting, but you will find plenty of other opportunities along the way.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 547816

Sponsored Links