Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 08:32
ThreadID: 53814 Views:1717 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

We have recently sold the family home in preparation for our semi retirement travelling around this great land. we are currently living in a caravan park in a rented/borrowed van while we await the delivery of our new Venture Fifth Wheeler in 4 weeks.

We have contacted our regular insurance company (the one operated by a large QLD motoring organisation) to arrange for our contents insurance to be transferred to our new address in the caravan park. We do not provide contents insurance for caravans was the reply, bugga. We then asked about insuring the new fifth wheeler, we don't insure fifth wheelers was the reply, bugga again.

Anyone know of a reliable insurer that will take us on, we will definately being shifting all our insurance to a new provider.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geepeem - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 08:51

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 08:51
HI Rocky,
Try Suncorp.
I'm sure they have caravan insurance. AS well if you ever need to make a claim we found them exceptional and very prompt in their decision. As a happy customer I would highly recommend them.Hope you have a great time travelling,
AnswerID: 283254

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:38

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:38
Hi Rocky

I agree with Glen, Suncorp is excellent with caravan insurance,
just make sure you list all of your extras.

FollowupID: 547896

Reply By: Andrea11 - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 09:29

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 09:29
HI there Rocky,

Try giving CIL Insurance a call....We have our van insured with them and they are the only ones that also allow for the contents of the van. CIL are also by far the cheapest and they act very quickly when a claim is made. Hope this helps.
AnswerID: 283259

Reply By: Nav 8 - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:00

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:00
We had the same problems about three years ago, living in the van for 12 months while the new house was being built. We found only two caravan insurance companies in Australia will insure your van while you are living in it. Occupation of a caravan for more than three months is considered living in it. The companies were CIL but can't remember the name of the other - sorry. Aust Pens Ins may do it now, not sure. Our vehicle insurer even wanted to charge us an extra premium because it wasn't parked at a residential address but talked them out of that one saying it is parked right at the door which is safer. We had a post office box and even had problems with the computers not accepting a post box number for sending statements etc. Also couldn't get contents insurance while our furniture was in a storage facility..... Regards Nav.
AnswerID: 283281

Follow Up By: Oldsquizzy (Kununurra) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 20:01

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 20:01
LOL...Every single person that lives in Kununurra has a P/O box as we dont have mail deliveries. Computors not accepting P/O boxes has cost a lot of businesses a lot of sales
FollowupID: 548002

Reply By: Member Boroma 604 - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 12:07

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 12:07
Give MHIA a call, 1800 676-700, they give great cover, and a re great to deal with.
AnswerID: 283297

Sponsored Links