Buying a Camper Trailer Feedback

Submitted: Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 23:10
ThreadID: 53904 Views:4527 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thank you very much for this article it is very informative. My wife & I are certainly looking forward to our retirement in the next couple of years. Hence we will be looking to purchase a camper van to do more travelling. The information has given my a great deal extra knowledge to assist us in our purchase.
Paul & Helen Brennan.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ken C (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 14:17

Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 14:17
Hi 52 magpies

I purchased a Kanga Marloo Camper 2 years ago and apart for a few issues had enjoyed evey moment that "we" are on the road.
Trips have included Cape York (Old Telegraph Track), across the QLD Gulf to NT, Central Australia and WA.
The only issue that I have is that when filling the water tank, if you use a hose, water enters the under compartment which is a real hastle. So from eperience I use a buck & funnel to fill the tank.
Gary at Kanga Campers is easy to deal with and provides great after sale service.
I decided on the Kanga Marloo after spending about 12 months investigating the market and what suited me.
As you have possibly found there are campers and there are campers.
Some no better than a box trailer and others a home away from home.
For strenghth and features (I added extras: additional inside light, external kitchen light, water gauage, checkaplate to the draw bar for easy when fitting the annex (avoids slipping on the draw bar when fitting the annex in the wet), levels on the draw bar (takes the guess work out of making sure that the camper is level when on uneven ground).
Happy hunting for your camper.
AnswerID: 283855

Sponsored Links