Pesty and Pete: Where's the photos???????

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 20:04
ThreadID: 54010 Views:3007 Replies:7 FollowUps:22
This Thread has been Archived
Some of us (the YP 4WD Club) enjoyed a great long weekend at Narrung (on the "narrows" between Lake Alexandrina and Lake Albert, not far from the Coorong)....even Member Lucky blessed us with his company together with his charming SWMBO and their dish-licker....

Anyway, rumour has it that members Pesty and Pete & Lez decided to take a detour through nearby Meningie to get an ice-cream etc. The temptation to drive on the beach (the water is down about 1.5 meters below normal) was too much for Pete and he drove the 100 series onto the beach, cos the sand was very very firm. (note to self: NEVER trust sand that looks VERY VERY firm). Of course, you can guess what happened and not a Nissan in sight to come to the rescue. Pesty's ol' banger 60 series has gone to that grave-yard in the sky where all toy-motas end up, so he was in his equally-classy 1949 Pajero and not a scerrick of recovery gear between these 2 cootas!!!! hahahaha

I understand photos were taken; but I doubt either of these blokes will come to the party and share same with us on this site.

Cheers

Roachie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 20:24

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 20:24
We need to see Roachie, thank you for this community service of bringing this to our attention.

And isn't Lucky Lucky to have that SWMBO? She is a wonderful lady who makes him bearable hahahahah
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 284368

Reply By: Member - Luke (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 21:01

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 21:01
C'mon Pesty & Pete, fess up and show us the photos. :)

LMOA
AnswerID: 284378

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Kath - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 21:03

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 21:03
I guess Ms Lucky already knew that the droopy was too heavy to go that way for an ice cream or you would have needed a 100 tonne lift crane to do the rcovery.

Those guys really are a good example to the younger club members Roachie or are you it?

No doubting Bonz' statement about the lovely Lucky making his company bearable.
AnswerID: 284379

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 21:42

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 21:42
As if i would be shy to reply to the Roach claptrap guy's!
It was the maiden voyage of the new Tvan and what an opportunity to have a great photo shoot with the jetty in the background, from the water side!
Many had traveled this ground before us, but alas Pete found a bit of softer stuff.
A bit of a tug with the snatch strap by the faithfull Pajero and all was good.
Amazing how a very small incident gets turned into a incident of mamoth proportions by the Roach claptrap machine , but when he leaves an oil slick halfway across the state it doesnt count LOL

Oh and by the way the mighty 60 series Toyota is not in heaven, it is fighting fit and just awaiting a small brake checkover.
As this trip hardly left the bitumen the Pajero was easy able to cope with the duty.

Cheers Pesty
AnswerID: 284394

Follow Up By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 21:55

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 21:55
Sorry guys, was going to show pic of cruiser high and dry as they say, but still find myself unable to get them up on here these days since it has been altered.
Used to be able to upload them from pics file, but wont work anymore.

Cheers Pesty
FollowupID: 549150

Follow Up By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:28

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:28
"was going to show pic .......... but still find myself unable to get them up"

Steve,
With photos like this in your rig profile, I'm surprised you couldn't get it up..........................

If so, just bring up the picture, right click.....properties...and copy the URL to clipboard. Then paste the URL into the "Insert Image" tab in a reply.....
FollowupID: 549162

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:29

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:29
C'mon Pesty-one.....you're more adept at puter stuff than me and even _I_ can get a piccy up on here if I have to..... (well Annette can anyway!!)..

Nah, me thinks it's just a case of being totally embarrassed (as he should be)........hahahaha
FollowupID: 549164

Follow Up By: Member - Luke (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:37

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:37
And if you get completly stuck Pesty, you can ask Dave why and how to do it here Feedback

It's not that hard really :)

FollowupID: 549169

Follow Up By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:51

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:51
Phil dont show brew in qld again, we cant shut him up now!!!
Tried to upload something the other day Phil, but couldnt get it to work, but will try your explanation.

Cheers Pesty
FollowupID: 549172

Follow Up By: Brew69(SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:27

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:27
Those metermaids still look hot Pesty :)
FollowupID: 549200

Follow Up By: Member - 'Lucy' - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:49

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:49
Hey! Brew

Any spare 'petermaids' under the seat in the GQ.

FollowupID: 549233

Follow Up By: Pete and Lez - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 18:42

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 18:42
No embaressment here Roachie. Had been a pretty quiet, relaxing weekend and thought we would have a bit of recovery practice. Ha Ha Ha. Pretty much as Pesty described it. Anyway no harm done to vehicle or recovery crew, got home a bit later than was planned.
Cheers Pete and Lez
FollowupID: 549333

Reply By: Member - 'Lucy' - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:52

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 22:52
Trendsetters

Our friend Roachie can't talk, hell! he committed one of the biggest Boo-boo's, No-no's of all time on this trip.

C'mon Roachie - forget about S H I T- magnet Pesty who attracted poor old unsuspecting Pete into a bottomless black chithole which took 1 & 1/2 hours to extract him from, and fess up to what you did.

Also you other two Victorians who have delusions of adequacy (Bonz & John (R) Vic) - you had to be on the aforementioned trip to receive/see photos from same.

It was a good trip with the Croweaters desperately trying to hang Chit on a good old Victorian constantly.

One particular female was in such a hurry to video my 'plumbers crack' when airing up after a beach run, she forgot to press the Rec button. (Red hair harpie) (ROFLMAO)

Well she went home with the 'cleanest' windscreen of us all (LOL)

As usual a travesty of justice was committed by SA thieves:

Yes! They stole Trevor (R) Pesky Flag.

I know who the two perpetrators are and call on Trevor Ribbit to have a chat with them to ensure that they return same.

Trevor (R) your flag is now in Kadina SA (The land of the living Fetish's)

Just hope it survives the visual traumas it will be exosed to and god knows what uses those lot will put it to.

JEEP and CT went like a dream with no hiccups (first time ever)

Zoe our 'princess' ( Hungarian Visla dog) had her first camping trip as her usual carer has gone to the USA for 2yrs along with Zoe's boyfriend Crosbie the Boxer.

I had a few concerns that she might have been a disaster (especially at night) however she was just fantastic.

She even let Mrs Pesty check out what her No. 2 smelt like. Damn, you don't think she(Mrs Pesty) had verbal dialogue with me re what we feed her when I picked it up. (ROFLMAO).
AnswerID: 284417

Follow Up By: Brew69(SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:31

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:31
Now that was funny.
Picture this.............................About 200m from camp and SWMBO says to me "Did you clean the windscreen?" with an evil look in her eye. LOL
A closer inspection revealed a crystal clean view on my side of the 4by and a haze on her side lol.
I remember seeing you cleaning your windscreen and quickly worked it out. Even Dawn got a good laugh.

FollowupID: 549202

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:22

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:22
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/roachie01/Peteonbeach6.jpg
FollowupID: 549221

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:24

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:24
FollowupID: 549222

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:28

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:28

Twas a lovely weekend at Narrung, just what the doctor ordered for some of us !!
Monday came all to soon, and as people disappeared we decided, along with the Brew’s and the Horne’s to go via Meningie to have some lunch and get some photos of the dry lake around the town.
All was going well, lions BBQ on the lawns provided a quick meal, kids played at length in the mud and water, time to hit the road, so down onto the lake bed at the jetty for a 2 minute photo shoot, then an icecream and off home ! WRONG.
No problem for the experienced CUBBY, but the maiden camping trip of the new TVAN had to make a spectical of itself !
Wheels in behind the Cubby/Pajero at the end of the jetty and down goes the Tvan/Cruiser.
Broke through the 6 – 8 inches of sand/dry mud into bottomless grey oooz mud underneath.
Where is all the recovery gear and tools? Home in the Toyota, and where are all the winch vehicles? Gone home also. Luckily Pete had enough gear to cater for the situation.
So off comes the Tvan with much sweat and sunburn, with the gratefull assistance of a couple of local blokes that had helped many over the weekend with similar problems Hahahaha.
Dug out the wheels as best we could with our hands, not a shovel in sight, connect 2 snatch straps together with the current copy of Overlander 4X4 mag, give the Pajero a good guts full and presto, sucked the mud clean off the bottom of the Cruiser.
The next hour was spent refitting towing connections that had to be changed, and reinflating tyres and resting the personnel.
The kids enjoyed another long swim in the muddy water, and we were on our way 2 hours late.
Just what 4 wheel driving in a group is all about, having a bit of fun when things go pear shaped.

( Did you rest as ordered over the weekend Pesty? Oh yes Doctor, didn’t do anything at all but rest!!! )

Cheers Pesty

FollowupID: 549223

Follow Up By: Member - 'Lucy' - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:54

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:54
How embarrassment.
FollowupID: 549234

Follow Up By: Ross H (QLD) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 10:54

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 10:54
You guys must be giving us all a gee up because we have highways here in Queensland in a worst state of repair then that beach. It must have been really soft because the camper looks like it has really bogged down "NOT". That is the sort of thing we all come to expect from LUCY. Must be a very experienced club that one on York Pen.
Very sad boy but funny. LMAO :)
Ross
FollowupID: 549256

Follow Up By: GREENDOG - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 19:24

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 19:24
How sweet are those pic's,being a paj owner.cheer's GREENDOG
FollowupID: 549342

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 20:14

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 20:14
My understanding is that many vehicles hav been caught out by what appears to be a pretty beach. I drove straight through meningie on my way back from Beachport and vaguley remember seeing vehicles on the "beach". i THOUGHT TO MYSELF SILLY BUGGERS. It has always been covered with water as far as I remember and it would be a safe bet underneath it all would be that stinking black mud.

Anyway I had a similar experience on one of the robe beaches. Three snatch straps and two Landcruisers to get me out with about ten minutes separating a safe recovery and an underwater adventure.
FollowupID: 549350

Follow Up By: Brew69(SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 21:39

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 21:39
"Three snatch straps and two Landcruisers to get me out with about ten minutes separating a safe recovery and an underwater adventure."

It could have been one Nissan to do the same job. :)
FollowupID: 549381

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 21:44

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 21:44
Mrs Roach, no wonder you SA girls are a happy bunch, if you think that cruiser has only gone down 8 inches......I would even give John Holmes a run for his money in your books HEHEHEHHEHEHHE!!!!

Man you know you are in trouble with a "shiny new bog magnet" when a 25yr old pajero comes along and "saves the day". I wouldn't be in that position to start with, but if I owned a ToyMotor and did same, I would ask the Pajero to "move along, nothing to see here" rather the embarrassment of this post. Will he ever live it down? I DOUBT IT!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!
FollowupID: 549383

Follow Up By: Pete and Lez - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 22:39

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 22:39
Not embarrassed at all, Don't forget it was a toymota driver that acquired a QLD flag I believe. Now that is what I would be embarrassed about, someone stealing ya QLD flag. hahahah.
FollowupID: 549398

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 08:20

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 08:20
This beach is so typical of SA and all who live in it. "6-8 inches" of glossy brochure quality exterior but dig a little of the crust away and you are left with "bottomless grey oooz"

Trevor. LOL!!
FollowupID: 549420

Follow Up By: Pete and Lez - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 19:04

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 19:04
Hi Trevor, the best thing about this beach was that there was no tide to come in, always makes it a tad more interesting.
Cheers Peter
FollowupID: 549537

Reply By: Brew69(SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:26

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:26
Had i known they needed a Nissan to assist the rescue we never would have left them in Meningie. We too did the icecream and lunch run.
Just another troublefree run in the GQ.
AnswerID: 284451

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 20:00

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 20:00
Great Work Annette getting photo's up, pity your husband cant work the computer as well as he does when giving his claptrap a gallop!

Cheers Pesty
AnswerID: 284570

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 21:25

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 21:25
HOI!!! It was ME that got the photos loaded up......gee, I must be smarter than you!!! After all, I drive a proper 4x4...hahaha
FollowupID: 549372

Sponsored Links