Re: Coromal Magnum 620 Mirage Series Camper

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:59
ThreadID: 54033 Views:2787 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I recently purchased the above camper.

It is an on road version but does have the same independent suspension as the offroad, which I think is 8 leaf.

I am looking at gaining some additional clearance and wondered if anyone had done an axle reversal on this camper. My local Coromal dealer didn't want to know as they said you would need to weld an additional chassis rail?

I probably should have waited a bit longer and got an offroad version but the camper was in such good condition and a bargain price that I couldn't resist

Any thoughts would be appreciated
cheers, Mick

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Doggy Tease - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 20:56

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 20:56
Mick. First thing to check is the draw bar and actuall chassis size of the camper you have against the "off-road" spec Coromal have.
I think you may find it a bit smaller on yours.
I dare say that it may be possible to reverse your axle, but would that be all that is required...ie....what about brakes lines ro start with. then you need to look at how the camper will perform behind your tow vehicle now that is so much higher ( S.O.G. )
and perhaps the annexe needs to considered somewhere as well.raise the camper but the walls are still the original height..??
throw in a possibility that the springs may "sit" differently and you may take on more than you bargained for. this is of course just my opinion and you can do as you wish,,however it may be an idea to go see a engineer or spring shop first to actually see if it can be done.
Just remember that if you do it,,,,the camper is still a road model,,so all fittings are built to that standard,,,not to the off-road spec that Coromal use...

meow.

rick.
AnswerID: 284584

Reply By: crusher060 - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 23:17

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 23:17
Thanks Rick good point you make about the annexe, but in mine it would just be a matter of extending the poles a bit higher to suit.

I have since spolen to my local trailer guy who has his doubts it can be done but I'm going to take it in and give him a look at it to see what he thinks.

I think the safest and cheapest thing will be to just bat on with it as is though.

As I bought it at a very good price it is doubtful I would lose money if I decide to sell and buy an offroad version.

I previously did have an offroad tent trailer but the kids were sick of bunks and wanted their own bed hence the upgrade to the Coromal
Cheers,
Mick
AnswerID: 284629

Sponsored Links