Ipod touch

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:15
ThreadID: 54068 Views:1699 Replies:5 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Just bought an ipod touch & was wondering if anyone knows how to delete songs etc from it. I have downloaded all my music from the laptop but there is some stuff I don't want on the ipod but can't seem to find a delete option.
Cheers
Jason
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DIO - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:27

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:27
Sounds like stating the obvious, but have you checked the operating instructions. Perhaps, like on a PC, the files are locked or marked as archived. Perhaps you'll need to go into 'file manager' (presume it has one) find the 'offending files' check their 'status' and de-select whatever is needed - if that be the case. Good luck.
AnswerID: 284669

Follow Up By: Member - jjt98 (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:34

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:34
Cheers for that. The only place i seem to be able to edit songs is on my laptop in the itunes site - might have to delete from there and reload the rest??
Cheers
Jason
FollowupID: 549428

Reply By: da76 - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:40

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:40
set up a playlist in your itunes and only sync that playlist with your itouch.

Cheers

David
AnswerID: 284675

Follow Up By: Member - jjt98 (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:51

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:51
Thanks for that - you make it sound so easy :-) I'll give it a go. When I create my playlist & sync it to the itouch, will it replace what is already in there or add to it?
Cheers
Jason
FollowupID: 549431

Follow Up By: PajeroTD - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 10:29

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 10:29
Playlists will only play in the order iTunes tells it to. If you want to only delete certain songs, go in to iTunes and find the song, then right click and delete. It will then ask if you want to just delete from iTunes or actually delete the song from the computer also.

If you leave it on the hard drive, it's simple enough to import it back in to iTunes.

Another tip, a lot of people find it impossible to change the automatic song names and artwork - sometimes iTunes gets it wrong, you can either select by song, or select all the songs in the album and right click and GET INFO and you can manually change the song and album info, including the artwork.
FollowupID: 549439

Follow Up By: Member - jjt98 (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:08

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:08
Thanks again :-)
FollowupID: 549449

Reply By: Chris & Debbie - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:50

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:50
Jason
If you are using iTunes, you can just remove the tick (by clicking on it) next to the songs in the play list that you dont want sync'd with your ipod. If the song is on your ipod it will remove it from the ipod next time you sync it.

Chris
Coddiwomple (v.) To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Classifieds: Codan Envoy HF Radio X1 for sale

AnswerID: 284693

Follow Up By: Member - jjt98 (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 13:05

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 13:05
Thanks guys. I think i'm getting the hang of it :-)
FollowupID: 549469

Reply By: TerraFirma - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:51

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:51
Firstly ensure you have the latest version Itunes 7.6 downloaded, when you Ipod is connected you will see the Ipod icon within Itunes, click on your Ipod and then click on Music, you should see an option to Sync all music or only selected music. Choose selected and then select the music you want etc etc.
AnswerID: 284694

Follow Up By: Member - jjt98 (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 13:06

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 13:06
Just about to download the updated version
Thanks for the tips
Jason
FollowupID: 549470

Reply By: gottabjoaken - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 13:31

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 13:31
How to delete songs from the iPod touch.

Look, it is much easier and more pleasurable than all those previous well intentioned suggestions.

First you need to build yourself a small camp fire. The back yard will do if you can't get out to the bush, but in either case please keep the fire small.

A neat fire pit with the sand built up around helps keep embers in the fire and concentrates the heat.

A ring of rocks around the fire can be good, but it is very important not to use river rocks, since they can have dampness absorbed into crevices and cracks that might cause the rock to explode when hot.

When the fire is established, and because you used good dry eucalypt wood, there are plenty of red coals, then place a billy of water at the edge of the fire.

Please don't fill the billy too full, or as the water boils it may bubble out into the fire and cause hot coals to burst out of the fire pit.

Have a metal tent peg handy, or a proper billy lifter, so that when the billy is boiling, you can lift it off the fire and place securely beside you.

Oh, did I say that a comfy chair beside the fire would be pleasant to relax in while waiting for the billy to boil?

Now drop a handful of tea leaves into the billy, how full a hand depends on the size of the billy and how strong you like your tea.

Drop the iPod touch in with the tea leaves, and swing the billy round at arms length three times.

Carefully decant the tea into mugs, not allowing the tea leaves or iPod to slip in to the mug with your brew.

Spread the residual tea leaves and iPod onto the sand to dry.

While you wait for the iPod to cool down, enjoy the tea with milk and sugar if you wish.

I am sure that you will not find the songs on the iPod after that.

Ken
AnswerID: 284718

Follow Up By: Member - jjt98 (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 22:27

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 22:27
I take it your not that fond of ipods Ken? :-) If worst comes to worst i'll give your more technical approach a shot.
Cheers
Jason
FollowupID: 549606

Sponsored Links