Site Performance

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 541 Views:1877 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
It appears that some of you are having problems with the Forum performance. Could you please report these problems to us. We work very hard and lots of unpaid long hours to bring you the site and if we do not get the feedback then we do not know what to fix. All I ask is that you please report your problems to us. Also note that over the last two days we have had over 4000 users on the site - the most users we have every had and we are trying to determine any site problems. I will look into the forum performance. We are sorry if delays are occuring but please let us know, this is the first time we have every heard of a problem with the forum performance.David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Saturday, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:00

Saturday, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:00
The problems that have been occuring are to do with the mail server not picking up the messages to send to you about your questions & answers. I have adjusted the settings to make sure that the system comes back in good time. I have only been on the system for 5 mins and the problems is fixed please please send us feedback we work on this site every day and do not want you to have problems. It was only be chance that I looked into the forum this morning.David
AnswerID: 1382

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Saturday, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:00

Saturday, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:00
Final Test of the system - 12:20PM WST Saturday 10th November.Looking excellent for performance now.
AnswerID: 1386

Reply By: Trev - Sunday, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:00

Sunday, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:00
Couln't get on last night about 10 pm (story of my life) but it's working like a charm now Sunday 5.40 Eastern Daylight Time.

Trev
AnswerID: 1393

Reply By: Col - Monday, Nov 12, 2001 at 01:00

Monday, Nov 12, 2001 at 01:00
David,

Never have a problem with your site. It is the best of it's type by a long way. You guys should get commission from every aftermarket supplier in Oz. Keep up the great work.

That the sort of feedback you want?

Regards,

Col
AnswerID: 1412

Reply By: Roger Lowry - Monday, Nov 12, 2001 at 01:00

Monday, Nov 12, 2001 at 01:00
David,
Your site is the best we 4x4 people have keep up the good work and yes you should get some payment for all ads to keep the site going.
Dodger.
AnswerID: 1414

Reply By: Chris Gregory - Wednesday, Nov 14, 2001 at 01:00

Wednesday, Nov 14, 2001 at 01:00
I find the site to be very good and very useful, and have had no obvious problems.

Just commenting though: On Monday (12th) I received a reply to a post I had put on the Forum - it arrived as an email to me - it did not show of the forum as a reply. I just wondered how the sender got my email so that he could reply direct, rather than through the forum. The direct reply was fine; I wonder if this is a feature of the forum, and if so how does one find the function that allows one to reply directly, and not to the forum.

thanks

Chris Gregory
AnswerID: 1426

Follow Up By: Patrick - Thursday, Nov 15, 2001 at 01:00

Thursday, Nov 15, 2001 at 01:00
I believe that all replies should be through the forum. How else are we to gain the benefits offered by other people's experiences.
FollowupID: 439

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Thursday, Nov 15, 2001 at 01:00

Thursday, Nov 15, 2001 at 01:00
Chris,I am a little confused about this as the system does mask the email. It will however send the address of the sender in a followup email such as this one.At the bottom you should notice a line that says this feedback send by Blah Blah. This is a link directly to the persons email. We did this as we did not want to capture the data after the followup and also to allow poeple to continue provate conversions if required.We of course are really wanting people to put the data nin the forum for reasons of have the data available to all users.Hope this helpsDavid
FollowupID: 440

Sponsored Links