4wd Clubs

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 11, 2003 at 22:32
ThreadID: 5413 Views:1877 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I was looking at joining a 4wd club to maybee join and were after some advice on a club that is more suited to younger people ( mid twentys ) in the adelaide area
thanks
Tom
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jun 12, 2003 at 11:37

Thursday, Jun 12, 2003 at 11:37
Few things.

What sort of car do you drive? Some clubs get all picky about it, and are 'Landrover only, or Kia only etc'
What sort of 4wding do you do, or want to do? Touring, mud bashing, Robe etc
What do you want to get out of a club.?

Personal opinion, when looking to join a club, never just go to one club, always have a look at at least 3-4 from your area, and maybe some that sound attractive from outside your area.. Some may have info packs they will send you, so you can read up on them BEFORE you get to the doors and find out its the Mormons 4wd club in secret....JOKE PEOPLE..

Some may have 'old pharts' in them, but look at Roger Smith of Outback challanges! They may be old but they still get in and have a go. Dare you to keep up with him!

Its a good idea to look at is the Trip calendar, and see what and how often they have trips, what sort of trips and things like that.. Our club has 3 trips of 6 mths happening as we speak, as well as 2 dayers and 3 and week etc..

Here is a list of clubsin Adelaide.

I know a few people on the patrol list are in the Whyalla4wd club, I think Andrew is the President, he is on this list too.

HTH
YMMV

I know a few blokes
AnswerID: 22351

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew (SouthOz) - Thursday, Jun 12, 2003 at 21:05

Thursday, Jun 12, 2003 at 21:05
Thanks Truckster

Tom might find it a bit of a chore doing an 800km round trip to attend our meetings.........

Tom got lots of good feedback on the 4WD Adelaide Group, but Im sure he'd like more. Your advice about visiting a few Clubs and seeing how they operate and checking their calendar.

As far as I know there are only 2 Clubs in SA with restricted elligibility for new members. One is brand specific and one is workplace based.Andrew - 1999 GU ST 4.2Turbodiesel Wagon
Whyalla SouthOz

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/4wd_out_of_adelaide
FollowupID: 14720

Follow Up By: Tom78 - Thursday, Jun 12, 2003 at 23:07

Thursday, Jun 12, 2003 at 23:07
Thanks I might follow your advice and visit a few clubs. I have an 80 series and were after a club with a variety of trips without going to extreme ( I do like to keep my 4x4 in one piece)
FollowupID: 14733

Follow Up By: desert - Friday, Jun 13, 2003 at 20:12

Friday, Jun 13, 2003 at 20:12
What was that? Roger"Old PHart" Smith?????
FollowupID: 14814

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jun 13, 2003 at 20:18

Friday, Jun 13, 2003 at 20:18
;)

wish I had the confidence to do the bleep he does, watchin the outback challange vids, he is really into it! Good stuff I reckon!!

Thinkin of going to watch next yrs Outback Challange, but I hear they want some insane price to go and watch it..

Oh well.
FollowupID: 14817

Reply By: desert - Friday, Jun 13, 2003 at 21:04

Friday, Jun 13, 2003 at 21:04
Of course, a well set up and balanced machine is half the battle, but certainly his rallying background helps. I have competed against him in years gone by, pre winch challange and outback challange type events, nonetheless good luck to the old pheasant !
AnswerID: 22470

Sponsored Links