Members My Home and Gallery Updates

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 01:39
ThreadID: 54290 Views:1842 Replies:5 FollowUps:15
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I have just loaded a new image gallery system into the members My Home and View Profile pages. To maintain your gallery click on My Home and you will be able to delete and add files and view your images using the new gallery system.

The ability to link gallery pics to the forum is currently busted whislt I work though the new gallery system. I hope to have this resolved tomorrow. I am also hoping to start working on the ability for Members to directly upload images to the forum system. These images will be stored in your Gallery in a new folder called Forum.

During this update I have had to move all rig pics to a new location under your gallery (Rigs folder). Anyway you will get the idea. Have a look and please report any errors.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve from Top End Explorer Tours - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 01:55

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 01:55
David

Would it be possible to add this feature to customers as well please.

Cheers Steve.
AnswerID: 285907

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:44

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:44
Steve,

I assume you mean the gallery. I will have a look at what is involved.

The only problem I have is that the gallery system is linked to the Membership system and the signature footer goes to the members rigs page, your footer goes to the customers directory page. I will have to check with Michelle about how she wants me to handle this. Having said this I have the customers directory page on my re-write tasks list thou Michelle and I have had a number of discussions about what to do in this respect. I will let you know what happens.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 550918

Follow Up By: Member - Matthew ,United Fuel- Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:27

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:27
Steve do you think that everybody including the more casual people other than yourself that gives good input to the forum should recieve the same benefits as people that are prepared to shell out there hard earned money.

Just my 2c worth.

Matt
FollowupID: 550931

Follow Up By: Steve from Top End Explorer Tours - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:37

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:37
Being a customer means I have paid money to advertise on this site, this is why my logo appears at the bottom of the page.

I am also a paid member, so to answer your question NO.

Is United Fuel your sir name??

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 550934

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 13:03

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 13:03
Matthew,

I would love to be able to afford this level of access however we currently upload in excess of 50GB (that is upload only - from users computers to the server) each month. The download is over 400GB. I pay hosting based on upload currently capped to 50GB plus excess, to go to 100GB upload cap costs another $600 (my price) per month. I would be happy to upgrade to this level if I could ensure that I would be getting enough to cover it. Do not think it is just another 12 new memberships (or 20 renewals) per month because it is a lot more than that as I have staff costs and a whole heap of fees and changes to deal with. The other problem is if I give out over twice as much upload capacity I will exceed the 100GB level and suspect that the next 50Gb would cost another $600/mth - the costs just grow and grow.

So if I give more upload access I need to cover that cost, it has nothing to do with how good a contributer is as every contribution costs some money along the line. In fact the forum images to members upgrade will I think push me over the 50GB plus level as it is, I hope it brings some more members as this is how I hope to pay for it.

So it is simply a matter of user pays, cannot think of a fairer system than that. Of course you can go to free places on the net like photobucket and link your photos to forum posts, I will not be taking this away. Just if you want the ease of storing your stuff on ExplorOz then I ask you to contribute a monetary fee.

The customer system is a little different and I am going to talk to Michelle about this. I note you are a member so thanks for that you get all this stuff, I am posting this in direct answer to your question and in no way having a go at you or anyone else.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 550942

Follow Up By: Member - Matthew ,United Fuel- Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 14:11

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 14:11
Steve

No my surname is not "United Fuel" but if i need to contribute to have it come up like yours i will.

Mate i am only asking peoples opinions in regards to this matter and if "customer" means youve paid and have priviledges then thats great mate youve done well.

My point is some people want to be on a forum three times a year and recieve chocolates and flowers every time they click on a link.

Matt

David

You do a wonderful job with the resources you have hence why i would like to see user level access to prevent "post whores" using up resources that could be used for advertising or likes .

Matt
FollowupID: 550947

Follow Up By: Steve from Top End Explorer Tours - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 14:18

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 14:18
Hey Matt

In my haste I forgot to add LOL after my ??

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 550948

Reply By: Mainey (wa) - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 04:11

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 04:11
I've probably looked too early in the day, as I don't like the pictures system as it displayed this morning @ 2.10am, got back early or is that late lol.

I previously had some information posted that I now can't find.

Mainey . . .
AnswerID: 285910

Follow Up By: Mainey (wa) - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 04:16

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 04:16
Woops,
Have just checked via "Members Rig & Profile" and get basically the same as it was yesterday, except the pictures now appear to be able to accept an extra 4 pics (maybe) and is in 3 screens instead of just one single screen.

Mainey . . .
FollowupID: 550888

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 11:55

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 11:55
Mainey,

I have extended the length of the inital view to fit in most of the gallery. I am still working on it however now there are 25 images per page in the output.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 550924

Reply By: Member - vivien C (VIC) - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:35

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:35
David,

I've just looked at my photo gallery and some of the photos are missing and their captions are under other photos & the captions for these photos are missing. For example :Middle Lagoon Sunset caption is underneath a photo of the Border Netting Fence at Cameron Corner and the photo of Middle Lagoon isn't there at all.

Viv
AnswerID: 285947

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 13:06

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 13:06
Viv,

I am not sure what has happened there, I converted over 18000 images last night in a batch process and have not had any other reports of issue. I will have a look and see what may have happened however it was a none reversible conversion. I can add an ability to allow you to change the description without reload - give me some time and I will add this to the gallery system.

Sorry about this issue I will see if I can see why yours played up.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 550943

Follow Up By: Member - vivien C (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 07:42

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 07:42
Thanks David,

It's a big job setting things up but it's going to be great when you get it all done.

Best wishes

Viv
FollowupID: 551141

Reply By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 14:22

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 14:22
I know i am missing the obvious answer somewhere but here goes:

- What is the Blog directory used for?

Andrew
AnswerID: 285960

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 15:09

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 15:09
Ah the first comment on this. I am working on a Members Travel Blog where you can write all about your travels, add photo, plotfiles, waypoints etc in a blog space. So I have created the directory that will contain the information. I may remove the folder in the meantime as it may or may not be a standard membership function (still a WIP and a little teaser).

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 550957

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 15:11

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 15:11
PS: by the end of tomorrow there may be a folder called forum, which will contain photos linked to forum threads. You just never know what or when something will change at ExplorOz.com.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 550958

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 15:14

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 15:14
Nice....

Andrew
FollowupID: 550962

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 23:21

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 23:21
Come David

Now all my photos are out of sinc whats going on, I come home from a hard days work too this,,,, get it right will you. ... , :-)(
AnswerID: 286070

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 03:07

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 03:07
How do you mean out of sync. I am sorting the photos on descending load date.time. So the most recent uploaded pics will be shown first. Is this the issue or are your descriptions out of wack with the images?

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 551131

Follow Up By: Richard Kovac - Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 21:24

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 21:24
a little hint, The End first???

they are of my last trip

Lake Moore first, sandstone, wulina, Gb and so on until you get to THE END... LOL

If you can't fix it's OK I will maybe.. :-)
FollowupID: 551303

Sponsored Links