Triton roof rack for spotlights

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 22:06
ThreadID: 54522 Views:2189 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Does anyone know if there is a company that will sell a single roof rack? I've tried a few places but all want to sell me two. I already have racks on the canopy, I just want one I can mount on the roof up the front for a few spotlights. Sorry, 2005 MK Triton. Also, how many spots can I have running off the one battery? I already have 2 x 100 Watters on the front. Oh, will the roof bar have to be screwed to the roof or do they clip on somehow?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: disco driver - Wednesday, Feb 13, 2008 at 00:10

Wednesday, Feb 13, 2008 at 00:10
Stef & Sal,
There are limits, which vary from state to state, on the number of lights that may be turned on at any one time.
From memory it's no more than 4 (6 including twin headlamps if fitted). but do NOT rely on my memory for this.
Check with the relevant state licensing authority to be sure.

The number of spots is also limited by the size and output of your alternator, too great a load will eventually leave you with a flat battery. This is from personal experience.

As far as putting spots up on a roof bar there are a few things to bear in mind:-
1. Lights on roof bar equals poser or show pony (Have a look at "Best Ute competitions)
2. Trying to drive with them on is no fun. In my opinion the best result comes with spots set up below your eyeline, the beams are bloody near impossible to see through from o/head lights.
3. Technically, all lights on a roof bar should be facing rearward as work lights only.

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with me, I'm sure that some won't>

Disco.
AnswerID: 287181

Follow Up By: MrBitchi (QLD) - Wednesday, Feb 13, 2008 at 09:28

Wednesday, Feb 13, 2008 at 09:28

Good for pose value but bloody hard to drive with.
FollowupID: 552380

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Yalgoo) - Wednesday, Feb 13, 2008 at 00:36

Wednesday, Feb 13, 2008 at 00:36
Sotlights on roof racks are great for on the road but wont last long off it
otherwise rhino racks are brought not as a set but by peices that make up the roof rack - just get what you need. Mine troopys and 100s have just rear rhinos for mounting reversing spottys and flashing beacons
AnswerID: 287182

Sponsored Links