O.T. Back in hospital !

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 23:28
ThreadID: 54651 Views:1859 Replies:11 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
G'day everyone

As you can all no doubt see by my topic heading, i am once again back in hospital... Tuesday night about 7.30 i once again experienced some pain in my chest...not quite as severe as when i had my heart attack about 6 weeks ago, but bad enough to make me think something was'nt right....After trying to ease the pain with Anginine tablets to no avail, my swmbo suggested it may be time to get to hospital.....me being me...lol...said just drive me there ...it will be quicker than waiting for an ambo....those who know my missus would'nt argue on this....thinks she's Brockies missus or something LOL....anyway, we gets to the local hospital in about 5 mins, go into emergency, get a lecture about why i should have called an ambulance, In emergency i am seen immediately by a doctor, i explain whats happening and she puts another tablet under my tongue...bugger me within 2 minutes i am pain free....to cut a long story short because of my previous attack, they want to keep me in overnight for observation...in the mean time they will get the results of my last stay in hospital sent from the other hospital the other side of town....should have them by Wednesday arvo at the latest...haha...yeah right....Wednesday lunch time the Cardiologist comes to see me and tells me that he has seen some pics of my heart that were emailed thru to him and he wasnt impressed with what he saw, and that he would like to keep me here a couple more days , at least until he recieved a disc from other hospital so as the cardio team could decide what they would do. I said to him , so did i have another heart attack last night??..he says well the tests we performed say no....but we think you need a stent or possibly bypass surgery, otherwise you will keep experienceing the pain you had last night...ok do what you have to do.....Friday about 10am Doc comes to see me , dont drink that cuppa, we have decided we are going to take you in for an Angiogram and go from there ....i say ok good cause i am getting very peed off and ready to sign myself out...then he says , the nurses tell me you have developed a cellulitus in your right leg, i had better take a look.....you can drink your cuppa Dave, there no way we will do anything until that thing is better.......So there you have it..im stuck in hospital with a suspect ticker and a buggered right leg.....I dont remember being this bleep off for a long time....so much for less stress....LOL....Thank god for EO....and my son Littleborgy for setting me up with some internet whilst im in here......Looks like im stuck here for a while yet ......Sorry for ranting on for so long, but gee that feels better...lol

Cheers Dave

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - bushfix - Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 23:31

Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 23:31
never mind that...

what's the best fridge Dave? eh?

post away, we are here for you! he he.....

best wishes to you mate...you've got a good fam behind you I reckon...

kind regards,

Jeremy.
AnswerID: 287859

Reply By: PradOz - Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 23:43

Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 23:43
make sure you put the lap top away when you get the sponge bath or you maybe staying in a little longer (or deeper)
AnswerID: 287863

Follow Up By: Member - Littleborgy (SA) - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:58

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:58
Hi PradOz,

No laptop mate, they've got these new fangdangle tv thingo's next to your bed that give you access to TV, Foxtel, Internet, Radio, etc. (all for a price obviously)... Oh, you can also watch DVD's on it as well (they also come at a price & they give u a list of movies to choose from)

Cheers, Brad
FollowupID: 553190

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 00:54

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 00:54
Dave,

Ya silly bugger !! Do what they tell you, when they tell you. Otherwise you'll end up with a bypass ( fun it ain't ) or worse.

All the best.

AnswerID: 287871

Follow Up By: Member - Bentaxle - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 08:59

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 08:59
I'll second that a bypass is no fun
Mike
May the fleas of a thousand afghan camels infect the crutch of your enemy and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 553173

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:14

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:14
Another member of the zipper club, eh :)))

FollowupID: 553189

Follow Up By: Member No 1- Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 18:00

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 18:00
one other thing why he needs to do what they say..he might not get out there......

come on borgy...do as your told and hurry up back......

hey how the hell you allowed online in a hospital
FollowupID: 553269

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 06:53

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 06:53
Dave,

Get well soon.
A mate had 3 stints done recently. They did it under local anesthetic and he watched the procedure on the video monitor. He's now feeling much better.
AnswerID: 287879

Reply By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:06

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:06
Dave ,
That's a bummer mate . I hope the nurses are good looking anyway and you are fit again soon .
Willie .
AnswerID: 287880

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 09:21

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 09:21
Hi Dave

My bet they will give you 2 or 3 stents, and put you on blood thinners for the rest of your life, no more problems, just behave,
and enjoy the nurses fussing over you.

Cheers
Daza
AnswerID: 287889

Follow Up By: Waynepd (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:12

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:12
I second that from Daza let the nurses fuss all they like... and keep your sense of humour...

Better the stents than the bypass but if it comes down to a choice between a bypass or the other alternative don't argue just lay there and take it. They know what they are doing.

I have 3 stents and i had to take blood thinners (Plavix)for the first year or so while they grew in then I graduated to 1/2 Aspro/day, a blood pressure tab and a cholesterol pill. Here i am 4 years later still ticking.

Good Luck with it all...
FollowupID: 553193

Reply By: Gob & Denny - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:08

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:08
goodday dave
bad luck mate as i know what you are going thru and bloody cellulitis as well
steve
AnswerID: 287897

Reply By: Outnabout David (SA) - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:11

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:11
Get yourself better Dave.

I was down at Robe Australia Day and got pretty well stuck. As I was digging all I could do was think "HOPE I DON'T HAVE A BLOODY HEART ATTACK" Anyway 2 landcruisers and 4 stnatch straps did the trick and do heart attack.

So get yourself better and we can tackle those beaches together maybe in the future.
AnswerID: 287898

Reply By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:04

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:04
Hello Dave, well mate at least you are in the best place to get fixed up. Hope it all works out well for you. Cheers.
AnswerID: 287911

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 17:43

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 17:43
Strewth Dave, what are you doing to us!!!!?!!! We're sitting out here in la la land and you're in there enjoying 6 star hospitailty and missing out on this current heat wave.

Mate; you're a real bloody worry!!!!! ;-))

Mate, get well soon.... all those lads of yours need you to be fit and well. They've got Nissans, but they need YOU to show how things should be done when those damn toymotoas get stuck.

All the very best and get the hell outa there asap.

Roachie
AnswerID: 287977

Follow Up By: Des Lexic - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 17:58

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 17:58
Roachie you Wally. Everybody knows that driving a cruiser is far less stressful than driving a troll. You could all learn from this and change to cruisers and enjoy a trouble and stress free life. LOL
Oh by the way Borgy, get well soon.
FollowupID: 553268

Reply By: Marion - Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 21:06

Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 21:06
Hello Borgy. best wishes and hope all is going well. Looking forward to reading your update.
Cheers Marion
Talawana
VKS Selcall 2691

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 288016

Sponsored Links