Lake king to Kumari

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 23:54
ThreadID: 54689 Views:2553 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have got a friend following me from Perth through to Norsman.He is towing a 18 ft caravan with Prado.We would like to go through Lake King to Kumari then on to Norsman .Is that track o.k. for his caravan?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:01

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:01
Rambler

We travelled it around 2000 a it was a wide well graded dirt road. last year we went out as fare as Frank Hann NP and it was a good road..

Cheers

Richard
AnswerID: 288078

Reply By: Member - LOS BUSH - Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:02

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:02
G'day Rambler Have you thought of going via Hyden and though to Lake Johnson etc plenty to see with a stop over at the Breakways and then though to Norseman It's a nice trip
Los
AnswerID: 288079

Reply By: Member - LOS BUSH - Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:04

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:04
G'day Rambler Have you thought of going via Hyden and though to Lake Johnson etc plenty to see with a stop over at the Breakways and then though to Norseman It's a nice trip
Los
AnswerID: 288080

Reply By: Motherhen - Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:20

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:20
Hi The Rambler

We have been though several times. The first time we had to take it slow and dodge quite a few puddles and pot holes.

Coming home from our Tassie trip in April 2006, it started to bucket down at Balladonia, so we thought we'd abandon plans of the short cut, and go nearer Esperance. My husband's desire to get home somehow caused him to turn in (there is a short road that leaves the Norseman Esperance road a bit north of Kumarl and is the most used part of the 'fork'). It had been raining for hours, and the road was very sloshy and slippery.After a few kms, we met people with a motor home and their travelling companions with a caravan, who had camped at the 90 mile tank where it had rained all night. It had taken them all morning (it was by now well after lunch) to get that far. Yes, it was very wet and still raining, but it was still passable. It still saved us time on the home run, but the caravan which had been washed sparkling clean between Balladonia and Norseman was coated in mud, as the rain stopped suddenly soon after 90 mile tank. We met caravaners from Manjimup heading east so stopped and warned them of the wet patch ahead - they were not overly concerned either. So regardless of weather, take it easy and enjoy the drive.

As LOS BUSH says, the Hyden to Norseman is a nice drive, with a number of rocks and features well signed.The Breakaways is a top camp site, and worth visiting any time of day.

Image Could Not Be Found

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 288082

Follow Up By: Member - LOS BUSH - Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:29

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 00:29
Hi Mother Hen. I have a similar pic of my f250 in the same Gap Good little spot for an overnighter LOS
FollowupID: 553336

Sponsored Links