jurgens xplorer

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 12:30
ThreadID: 55108 Views:10775 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
We have a jurgens off road caravan/camper and we love it. would like to hear from other who have one too.............
we live in north qld and use it a lot .... off road camping and park camping. although we longest we have spent in it 'in the bush' was a week, we still think it suits all our needs. We would like to know where wed can buy accessories for our van??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 17:17

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 17:17
Good luck with yours. Friends we tour with regulary just got rid of theirs after continuous issues. 1st one they got littery fell to bits just getting to Darwin on the tar with the walls separating. Distributer was very good having a replacement shipped up immediately. They then had problems with the canvas not fitting and the rain pooling. They were a bit dissapointed it wasn't as fast to setup as they thought with several other teething problems culminating in the front drawbar snapping (only being held on by the side rails.) For just 2 seasons of travel they had more than their share of problems.
Is yours 2nd hand as I was led to believe they are no longer available new meaning accessories may be hard to come by?
2 distributers however are currently listed------------
Cheers Craig......

OFF ROAD EQUIPMENT
Contact Person: SIMON ROBBINS / ANDREW FARDON
Street Address: 61-63 MC COY STREET,
MAYAREE
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
PERTH
Tel: (09)61 89317 2344
http://www.dealers.jurgensci.co.za/mailto;simonr@offroadequipment.com
andrewf@offroadequipment.com
----------------------------------------------------------------

OPEN SKY
Contact Persons: HANS GOUWS AND ANDREW STOTT
Street Address: 1601 DANDENONG ROAD,
OAKLEIGH,
VICTORIA,
Tel: +61 395 687 011
E-mail: info@opensky.com.au
AnswerID: 290426

Follow Up By: Leanne & Stu - Monday, Mar 03, 2008 at 19:15

Monday, Mar 03, 2008 at 19:15
Craig, Ok I am getting the hang of this now...... :)

I haven't found the dealers very helpfull with accessories....

I have even had a look at the souh africian site as well, but it all seems too hard!

Do you know what the difference is between the Xplorer and the Xpedition?

Leanne
FollowupID: 556002

Reply By: Leanne & Stu - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 17:45

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 17:45
Thanks Craig,

Yes we did buy ours second hand from a private buyer through Cameron's caravans in Adelaide..... it was about a year old and in very good nick... the previous owner had ironed out a few minor problems for us. to solve the water pooling on the awning , we have special curved poles to put under the awning and when it realy heavy rain we just put one side down lower.. we manage just like others we travel with that have the same problems no matter what you got.. we have had no major probs at all..

I dont believe you can buy these vans in Australia at the moment... the similar model in South Africa is 'Jurgens Safari' and has some interesting photos of the tent you can get with it..

Would your friends have any old photos of their old Jurgens as I am always looking for things and tips that others have done to theirs...

Other extras on our van are , cable tv access/ antenna, good stereo, water purifier under sink, reverse cycle roof mounted air con (only for park camping in the tropical NQ heat), extra tool box on draw bar, 110lt waeco fridge/freezer, extra 2 tables, one that can be mounted on the side of van and normal caravan table.
Extra mossie net screen zipper doors, extra canvas skirts and sie pieces, 12volt van and thats all I think... sound like a lot but it all fits nicely and makes for very comfortable long term and short term camping...

look forward to chatting

Leanne

AnswerID: 290429

Follow Up By: Crackles - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 18:05

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 18:05
Will see what photo's I can scratch up, particually of where the draw bar cracked so you know where to keep an eye. Additional to yours they had a complete solar system and shower tent. (not sure if that's standard?)
Cheers Craig.............
PS: Use the followup box not the reply that way an email is sent as well :-)
FollowupID: 555782

Reply By: Member - Robert W (SA) - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 19:54

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 19:54
Hi Leanne and Stu

Great to hear from another owner. We are very happy with ours, but it does not get as much use as I would like.

There are a number of owners that communicate by email around the country and share experiences. I will alert them to your presence, we are going away for 6 weeks tomorrow, so I will not be able to follow up myself.

Bob

AnswerID: 290448

Follow Up By: Leanne & Stu - Monday, Mar 03, 2008 at 19:06

Monday, Mar 03, 2008 at 19:06
thanks for that Bob, we are off a trip to tasmania from Cairns NQ and a towing it with a Disco 3.... can't wait....

We have had emails from the owners group but i spose we are still all a bit of a rare bred of owners...

I have recieved an email from maralyn today ...thanks, we will have to all swap photos and compare notes and tips.

Perhaps we should all get together?

Leanne

FollowupID: 555996

Reply By: pajdid - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 22:53

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 22:53
Hi Leanne & Stu.

I have just sold my Xplorer,Loved it, I had no problems with mine, Went anywhere I wanted to go and the only reason I sold it was that we are going to do the big trip around the block and would be to small to live in for that amount of time. If you check my rig page ther are some pics of it there. There is a group of owners that keep in touch by email and if you pm me I will give you their email.
Geoff
AnswerID: 290498

Follow Up By: Leanne & Stu - Monday, Mar 03, 2008 at 19:10

Monday, Mar 03, 2008 at 19:10
thanks Geoff, I got the email address now..

Your photos are good , thanks, Wha was the awning made of?

Sorry I am only new to this site. What is 'pm' ?

Leanne
FollowupID: 555998

Sponsored Links